Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pay on the gate at LEEDS is £42

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Championship tickets are a bit steep these days- we are one of the biggest offenders though according to this article. According to their table our cheapest season ticket price is the highest in the league, and our £42 top match day ticket price is only equalled by Leeds and beaten by Ipswich £43 and Wednesday £52.

This is the main reason why there are so many empty seats.

http://gu.com/p/4bz8b?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remember paying £3 to get into Leeds in 1987.

Mind you, curry and rice in the cheapest Leeds curry house was a 99p deal as well at that time.

£42 makes me weep.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is that their normal price? or are we now deemed to be a category A game?

Still far too much for a Championship game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would say this is a bargain to watch the Champions of Europe

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just shows that football isn't a game of the people, and for the people, any more. Just boycott Leeds...........you're only bank-rolling a crook anyway,

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the prices announced by Sheffield Wednesday at the start of the season this is just a reaction from Leeds to ensure they are the biggest club in Yorkshire.

Given their performance yesterday they need a large transfer budget to improve the team.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Can the club please remember this, for when the mighty Leeds visit The Amex. A tooth for a tooth etc....

Isn't that the same price as what we charge for most games?

IT certainly is not.

Our most expensive games will cost our visiting fans £32 whilst many are £25. I don't think the facilities are even comparable and of course our price includes travel. Which when comparing to eland road is a valid point as their ground is also out of town.

I think our prices are spot on this year and any such comparison to the joke prices Leeds want to charge is an unwelcome 'poke in the eye' to your own club.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
If past experience is a guide, the £42 seat will be facing row z of the home end instead of the pitch. At least our seats face the pitch.

Elland Road is an old fashioned dump of a ground like Fratton and Sellhurst Parks. With the amount of money in football nowadays, supporters deserve better, but most clubs pay ridiculous sums of money to players and their agents instead.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm still going, as we always seem to play well at Elland Road. Is anyone joining me??

Definitely going to pre buy though - £42 is a piss take for a shit seat in an old stand with views obstructed by roof supports. At least the stewards are genuinely friendly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Championship tickets are a bit steep these days- we are one of the biggest offenders though according to this article. According to their table our cheapest season ticket price is the highest in the league, and our £42 top match day ticket price is only equalled by Leeds and beaten by Ipswich £43 and Wednesday £52.

This is the main reason why there are so many empty seats.

http://gu.com/p/4bz8b?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

That, and Leeds having been crap for many seasons now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here