Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MLS Soccerball

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Watching MLS on Sky
Kansas V Seattle Sounders.

Apart from crap quality ( div 2 standard) they dont have a drum........they have what sounds like an entire orchestra in the stand.....

Ps..

Found the clackers from the play off game in the garage this weekend!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Going to watch New York Red Bull v Columbus Crew next week, reserving judgement till I've experienced it myself.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I read recently that the Sounders put as many fans in the same stadium as the NFL Seahawks, albeit at a price most likely three times higher. The former Super Bowl winning Seahawks.

Oct 25, 2003
I read recently that the Sounders put as many fans in the same stadium as the NFL Seahawks, albeit at a price most likely three times higher. The former Super Bowl winning Seahawks.

not quite- for the majority of their games they close the upper tier so they get around 35,000 for most of their games- which is still pretty impressive

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching MLS on Sky
Kansas V Seattle Sounders.

Apart from crap quality ( div 2 standard) they dont have a drum........they have what sounds like an entire orchestra in the stand.....

Ps..

Found the clackers from the play off game in the garage this weekend!
Are people *still* peddling this myth that MLS is league 2 standard? Good grief. This is the main provider league of the US squad which has done better than England for the past two world cups. And it blatantly isn't crap at all. Well, no more than several second tier leagues. I'm sure you could pick a random game from the Dutch, Turkish, Portugese, even French first divisions and you'd think it was a load of toilet.

not quite- for the majority of their games they close the upper tier so they get around 35,000 for most of their games- which is still pretty impressive

Yep. It's around 40,000 I think and their average gate is swollen to 44,000 thanks to the three or four games a year where they open up the stadium completely. Their average is higher than Chelsea's. :ohmy:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are people *still* peddling this myth that MLS is league 2 standard? Good grief.

Exactly this. Being snooty about the standard of play in the MLS is just so 5-10 years ago.

The refereeing standards aren't great though: preening Latin Americans, generally and they're not great at protecting players: there was a good piece in WSC a while back about how promising youngsters get kicked out of the game there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here