Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can you log on to sky when you can't use a sky email address?

sorry to trouble you but you're normally good at "this type of thing"

Firstly it's safe to say I'm no computer expert.

For the last few years I've simply retrieved emails through my phone, now my phone is on the blink I tried to log into sky via my lap top, once I logged in it asked me to enter my email address again but then it included the narrative "you cannot use an @sky.com address" how the flip do I do it then if it is my fecking address? I've been through the sky email problem page and one of the solutions could be I need to agree to T&Cs (now it's Yahoo) but there is no where to click the ****ing box! Google has been no help as the only answers seem to be a load of bollocks from Sky or forums from Money Saving Expert etc from about 2009...please help..... I think I'm gonna cry

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you try it without '@sky.com' (ie just using the rest of the address as a user name - sure when I log on to Sky I don't use the '@...com bit)

Did you try it without '@sky.com' (ie just using the rest of the address as a user name - sure when I log on to Sky I don't use the '@...com bit)

Yeah, my initial log in is without it, and I get in fine but then it directs you to 'account information' asks you to enter it in its full format but says you cannot use a sky email (despite the massive sky logo on the screen, and the fact I'm clearly trying to access a sky email address!)

Last edited:
I've got off to bed now as I've got an early one so thanks in advance for any helpful replies through the night, I'm not looking forward to ringing them tomorrow. Can't wait for my circumstances to allow me to dump this crock o shite for another TV/Broadband provider as my Mrs also has had no luck with Sky regarding emails from her iPad/phone

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sky used to use usernames to sign in.

They recently gave you the opportunity to link your non-sky email address to your sky username so you can use either to sign in. i.e. I can now sing into my sky account using my gmail address.

If you gave sky an email address to use as a back up, try that. If not, try signing in with your username on one of sky's other pages, such as their nevermiss page http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

Sky used to use usernames to sign in.

They recently gave you the opportunity to link your non-sky email address to your sky username so you can use either to sign in. i.e. I can now sing into my sky account using my gmail address.

If you gave sky an email address to use as a back up, try that. If not, try signing in with your username on one of sky's other pages, such as their nevermiss page http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

Thanks for the link but the same thing happens after initial log in, I'll ring em this afternoon

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thanks for the link but the same thing happens after initial log in, I'll ring em this afternoon

So it's after you log in? Then it is just about linking your id to another email address. Do you not have a non-sky one? You would still be able to access your sky mail, even if you use another address to link your log in details.

So it's after you log in? Then it is just about linking your id to another email address. Do you not have a non-sky one? You would still be able to access your sky mail, even if you use another address to link your log in details.

I've just rang them and it sounds like this, I just find it really bizarre, I'll create one later as I've got to take the boy swimming, last question, can anyone recommend someone to set up a free email account with? I had hotmail in the early days, are they any good nowadays?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've just rang them and it sounds like this, I just find it really bizarre, I'll create one later as I've got to take the boy swimming, last question, can anyone recommend someone to set up a free email account with? I had hotmail in the early days, are they any good nowadays?
I still use my hotmail accounts but unfortunately they were bought out by Microsoft and their name only exists on old accounts.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Use Gmail. Free, lots of storage, good spam filters, available on every phone via built in mail or with their own app.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

My only advice is don't use a Yahoo account. I have no end of trouble when I log into Sky email online, as it logs me out of the Yahoo address I use for the majority of my correspondence and then I can never work out how to get back in afterwards!

SORTED, thanks eveyone, opened a gmail account and Bobs Yer Uncle, frustrated as I was never told about this by Sky initially (probably was, but just ignored it) and all the googling, checking sky forums and tech support help nowhere did it mention this relatively painless step.

Anyway thanks again, thread closed, I'll be on again next week when I need light bulb changing advice and tips

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here