Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old is your motor?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Had my Toyota Previa1995 M reg since 2000----50,000 miles when I bought it (London Taxi of some sorts).
Done another 115,000 miles since!
Been all over the country with my missus & four kids who are now 16 - 32.
Never let me down really in all those years.
Now failed its mot on emissions ??? FFS! £600 to put right:eek: - time to get rid now I think :cry:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Less than a year. Sold my beloved car last year (registered 2008) because she was becoming expensive to mend. Shed a tear when they took her away - even though we shouldn't feel emotion about cars Myrtle was different.:cry:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
11 months old and already 20K on the clock! Still wouldn't know an emission if it jumped out and bit me (which it very well might at some stage I guess)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Less than a year. Sold my beloved car last year (registered 2008) because she was becoming expensive to mend. Shed a tear when they took her away - even though we shouldn't feel emotion about cars Myrtle was different.:cry:

Iv'e been quoted £83.00 to take her away------I thought they were talking about the wife :moo:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
1996 Mazda Bongo. Had it 8 years. Been to Sahara, Crete, Turkey, Peacehaven and now in Iceland sitting in the rain having a glass of wine. Have also renovated a 30s house using it to carry all crap to Shoreham tip, where they even accept nuclear waste. £3,800 for a V6 engine was a good buy. Time to get something else after this trip though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
8 years. And yes, its a VW. But fortunately it is petrol. A 2 L golf GT automatic with leather seats and a 6 CD port. I love it, but its probably time to kiss it goodbye, now we have all the bloody speed cams on the motorways (6 point in 6 months).

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
57 plate Hyundai I30 Diesel, done 140k miles, and still drives fine. Need to look for something new [well to be specific used] as family outgrowing it.

grumpyoldgit

Mar 29, 2012
Bought ex demo astra last February 6mths old, had another astra 2005 from new, trying to get to 10 yrs old, came out of the house last January to go up to Charlton game and next door neighbours felt garage roof had landed on top of it(was bloody windy that night) and was written off 6weeks off of the 10yrs.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Iv'e been quoted £83.00 to take her away------I thought they were talking about the wife :moo:
If you are serouisly thinking of getting rid let me know. I know a few locally who do banger racing and may take it off your hands for free. [locally assuming you still live on WW in Bev]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm a proud owner of a 1995 N reg Silver Rover 214, that I have owned for the last 7 years. Cost me £575 current mileage 96k. Has always been cheap to maintain and there are no signs of it dying. I am too attached to it to replace it until I'm forced to.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Had my Toyota Previa1995 M reg since 2000----50,000 miles when I bought it (London Taxi of some sorts).
Done another 115,000 miles since!
Been all over the country with my missus & four kids who are now 16 - 32.
Never let me down really in all those years.
Now failed its mot on emissions ??? FFS! £600 to put right:eek: - time to get rid now I think :cry:

You sure you don't need to get the MOT done somewhere else...my Toyota Hiace 2008 sailed through its MOT a couple of weeks ago :)

theboybilly

2009 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan. Bought on a whim new (just wanted something different) and it's the best vehicle (other than my motorbikes) that I've owned. I've used it for all manner of things and it returns the occasional 40mpg (according to Fuelly.com) which is superb. I love driving it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here