Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro vs Leeds

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Boro 1-0 up after 2 minutes, have to feel they're going to walk the league this year...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really shit defending by Leeds.

No Chris Wood. Where is Buckley?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
With the amount Boro and Derby have spent, anything less than automatic promotion would be a massive failure for both of them. They must have shelled out about £40 million between them during the summer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
With only nine matches gone it's far too early to presume that!

Who's going to beat this Middlesbrough side at home? Can't see many teams doing it.... Nugent is a top striker in the Championship and with the assists Downing et al will provide they will score goals in 90% of games.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who's going to beat this Middlesbrough side at home? Can't see many teams doing it.... Nugent is a top striker in the Championship and with the assists Downing et al will provide they will score goals in 90% of games.

I flatly refuse to take any real notice to the league tables until at least the end of October, so let's wait and see where everyone is placed then.

Every team will go through at least one sticky patch during the season, even Middlesborough. I will concede though that they are difficult to beat.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bristol City :moo:

Knew someone would say that :thumbsup: but early in the season. Now they have a settled team and momentum can't see may sides stopping them, certainly look more convincing than ourselves in the games I've seen.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I flatly refuse to take any real notice to the league tables until at least the end of October, so let's wait and see where everyone is placed then.

Every team will go through at least one sticky patch during the season, even Middlesborough. I will concede though that they are difficult to beat.

Normally i would agree but early signs and transfer dealings will see them piss this league. I'm convinced of that. They finished on 85pts last year and have kept their best players and manager. On top of that they have spent something like 15 million this season on quality players to add to an already decent settled squad.

Already they are on plus 10 goal difference and there plus 31 goal difference from last season looks easily beaten again by them. They are absolutely nailed on to go up and as champions.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Let's see how they do in their next 4 games after today, 3 of them potentially challenging aways

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Normally i would agree but early signs and transfer dealings will see them piss this league. I'm convinced of that. They finished on 85pts last year and have kept their best players and manager. On top of that they have spent something like 15 million this season on quality players to add to an already decent settled squad.

Already they are on plus 10 goal difference and there plus 31 goal difference from last season looks easily beaten again by them. They are absolutely nailed on to go up and as champions.

So will you publicly agree to eat your hat if they don't?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Vydra is a great example of the difference in willingness or ability to dig deep to get players that will make the difference. Boro have gone deep

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Derby were doing the same this time last season

Difference is Boro have a good all round team not just forwards. Their defence is one of the best in the league as well. Derby's full back have been awful for the past couple of seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here