Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LDDLD DDLLD DLDD DLDDL

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our October record since our last victory in the month, on the 30th October 2010 when we beat Peterborough 3-0 at London Road.

19 winless games spanning 4 years.

Time for that to change, surely...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
With two home games against teams towards the bottom of the division if it doesn't change you can safely say we aren't promotion contenders and never were!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
October is the month when the division starts to settle down. Players signed in the transfer window have had a few games to ' bed-in ' and teams are starting to work each other out. Early suspensions and injuries kick-in and squads are tested for the first time. We are following this pattern, with players now starting to miss games and top of the league always means you are there to be shot at.
Interesting to see that we gained exactly three points in October, in each of the last four years. This time round, we have three home games and two away. My feeling is that we will get more than three points this October but by the end of the month will find ourselves somewhere in the top six. I'm predicting six points. One win, three draws and one defeat ( Reading ) This may sound negative but I think our form is going to flatten out and we will miss some of our injured and suspended players.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Our October record since our last victory in the month, on the 30th October 2010 when we beat Peterborough 3-0 at London Road.

19 winless games spanning 4 years.

Time for that to change, surely...

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
HOW TO GET PROMOTED.
Our target should be 92 points, equal to winning at home & drawing away. Dropping the odd point down to 84 would be acceptable and could mean a close finish.
Right now we are three points ahead of the target. Or we can lose one home or three away games. You can even go as far as saying that if the target is 84 points we are 11 points ahead of the target. Target is 11 points in October, but 9 is OK. I think the away crowd at Reading may have an influence on the result there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I predict 7 points from Cardiff, Bristol City and Preston, with at least 1 away point, giving 8+ from these 5 games, quite possibly staying top by the end of them :rock:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why point this out :lol: the players will see it and we'll be doomed!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
LDDLD DDLLD DLDD DLDDL

Amazing stat - but records like this cannot be sustained indefinitely. I predict the record will be broken with more than one win this October.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We are Brighton posted this the other day with the tag line "Refreshing honesty from Chris Hughton in his pre-game press conference before Bolton away"

attachment.php

Attachments

• boltonawaypreview.jpg
    boltonawaypreview.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,231

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I didn't realise the last October win was that 3-0 match at Peterborough. What a wonderful, wonderful game that was. It could have been more. I know it didn't work out well for either party but it was on the back of that win that Peterborough's star striker decided, all things being equal, that the Albion were the team he wanted to sign for. I suppose you could say that it proved an expensive victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here