Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe vs Dunk

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Was surprised when I saw that Uwe was starting over Dunk as I felt Dunk had a top performance against Wolves. Then Uwe got well beaten in the air for their last minute equalizer.

Does anybody else hope Hughton starts Dunk next game? Don't get me wrong Uwe is good and always gives his all but he seems to get beaten in the air a bit too much for my liking...

Hopefully this doesn't come across as too pessimistic, I'm delighted that we're still top of the league and unbeaten.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Uwe for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have started as we did but being under pressure would have brought Dunk on when Bruno went off to give more aerial power against Gary Madine as they pushed for an equaliser as it was obvious they would.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Greer was not impressed with Uwe today. Pushed him away and looked like he was going to lump him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is splitting hairs as all three centre backs have played well.

I think Hughton should rest Greer more than he does, just to keep him fresh and giving everyone game time. This is a long season and Greer won't be able to start every match without making mistakes eventually, an early card today was a worry.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Was surprised when I saw that Uwe was starting over Dunk as I felt Dunk had a top performance against Wolves. Then Uwe got well beaten in the air for their last minute equalizer.

Does anybody else hope Hughton starts Dunk next game? Don't get me wrong Uwe is good and always gives his all but he seems to get beaten in the air a bit too much for my liking...

Hopefully this doesn't come across as too pessimistic, I'm delighted that we're still top of the league and unbeaten.

Completely disagree with this. Uwe should be first choice and one of Greer or Dunk alongside him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The only mistake for me today by Hughton in the team selection was Dunk losing his place after a clean sheet. I was surprised by this call.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunk had a great game last weekend and gives us much needed height. Would have started him today myself..

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Been saying it for a few games the german is good back up but nowhere near as good as dunk and can't handle big tall strikers

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would have started as we did but being under pressure would have brought Dunk on when Bruno went off to give more aerial power against Gary Madine as they pushed for an equaliser as it was obvious they would.

Precisely, it wasn't the team selection but the substitutions that I found puzzling today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here