Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy's red card

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Probably worth its own thread. Going by the radio it sounded pretty harsh, be interesting to see it on the highlights when they emerge, and whether it looks as though we have much of a case for an appeal.

Could certainly do without losing him for 3 games given we're already weakened in the wide positions with LuaLua's absence through injury.

EDIT: seems they're up already: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10007141/bolton-2-2-brighton

Last edited:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Probably worth its own thread. Going by the radio it sounded pretty harsh, be interesting to see it on the highlights when they emerge, and whether it looks as though we have much of a case for an appeal.

Could certainly do without losing him for 3 games given we're already weakened in the wide positions with LuaLua's absence through injury.

EDIT: seems they're up already: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...n-2-2-brighton

Surely he slipped? Reckon that could get overturned.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
From those highlights, we've been very unlucky.

Murphy has slipped for the red and for the winner he looked to be climbing.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Should be appealed he has clearly slipped. And the header?? He is practically on his back. We looked OK attacking wise but stockdale looked more busy than any other game this season

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
I think the ref was right to give it but you can tell that he slipped and that it was accidental. Hopefully the FA see it that way...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A clear slip, his standing leg gives way. I am sure Hughton will be moaning and moaning about the decision to get it over turned, of course had we won he wouldn't care about the card.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murphy obviously slipped and the ref's mind was made up when the lad lay there twitching like Harry Redknapp on the end of a noose.

The highlights show Bolton had plenty of good chances, I'm feeling better about the draw now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dodgy call for the club over the sending off. I wouldn't appeal just in case the ban is extended. As for their last goal it's clear he was climbing.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
At the game it looked like a straight red as he appeared to go in with both feet, majority of fans around us in the away end agreed, however we obviously don't have replays to see it so will reserve judgement until I see it again

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was there and the red card was the real turning point in the match and cost us the win. We could have hung on, in a close match with plenty of chances but we ended up with 10 men and no attacking threat apart from Stevens on his own, inevitable equaliser at the death. Still we are top of the league but probably 2 points dropped today mainly because of the red card.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He lost his supporting leg, slip. Accidental.

Looks like two points dropped

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Accidental slip, not even a yellow
Dunk should have been on at the death, March & Calde ain't ever gonna shut up the shop
Worse was the appalling play by Kayal getting dispossessed & allowing them back in the game. Shocking

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dodgy call for the club over the sending off. I wouldn't appeal just in case the ban is extended. As for their last goal it's clear he was climbing.

Sorry but that's ridiculous. Yes it was a dodgy call and anyone seeing the replay will see he slipped, hence a very good reason to appeal. There is no way that the FA will consider that speculative?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From those highlights, we've been very unlucky.

Murphy has slipped for the red and for the winner he looked to be climbing.

Agreed 100%. You can clearly see Murphy saying 'I slipped' to the ref. And Dannes rolls around like he'd been shot then jumped back up when the red was shown the ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here