Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blood Red Supermoon - End of the World

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The photos are all fakes, don't believe them!

Set my alarm for 3am, camera ready, got up, looked out from the front of my house (south), looked out from the back and saw NOTHING. OK, quick wee and look again. South again, nothing, craned neck to see as much east and west as possible, nothing, repeat for north face, still nothing. Meh, back to bed and unable to get back to sleep for the next three and a half hours, boxxocks!

It didn't happen I tell ya!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shows up the limitations of my lens. This is the best shot I got.

IMG_1602.jpg

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The pics i posted were taken using my mobile (Sony Xperia Z2) and by holding it very still, and very close to the eye piece of my lad's telescope!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The pics i posted were taken using my mobile (Sony Xperia Z2) and by holding it very still, and very close to the eye piece of my lad's telescope!

I was mighty impressed with your mobile until you mentioned the telescope! It's still taken some great photos, though. It's amazing how good phone cameras are nowadays. Mine couldn't cope with the brightness of the moon and I never bother to use the zoom, as the quality is usually poor then.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was mighty impressed with your mobile until you mentioned the telescope! It's still taken some great photos, though. It's amazing how good phone cameras are nowadays. Mine couldn't cope with the brightness of the moon and I never bother to use the zoom, as the quality is usually poor then.

It was a labour of love. Was out in the cold for 45 mins getting a bit frustrated as it's very hard to hold the phone still enough in exactly the right place and then try and get it to focus. There were many many failed attempts!!!
Pleased with what I got though!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Some of the more evangelical Americans are lapping up this end of the world stuff

Pastor Hagee promotes this sort of nonsense. 20 minute video is a bit too long to remain focused without laughing but bear in mind Hagee appears on Fox News often and has been able to bend the ear of some influential people over the years,his worldview in this context then becomes somewhat alarming

View attachment 68822
View attachment 68823
View attachment 68824

This bloke

View attachment 68825

who ghostwrites for Pastor Hagee and was himself an evangelical minister was also special assistant to this bloke

View attachment 68826

and was a special advisor to this bloke

View attachment 68827

you can smell the religion in the white house

I always wondered who took over from Garner Ted Armstrong...famous for a mention here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqdwtd8TrQ

After Val's death, only Princess Anne and Eric (aka GOD) left apart from the Band members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here