Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham 4, QPR 0 ? I smell a RAT!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
To be fair, Fulham scored some excellent team goals, McCormack was in predatory form, and Austin went off with a hamstring injury. Will be interesting to see how QPR perform without him ...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ask for a big book on gambling for Xmas, read it 5 times, THEN post

I place the odd bet, but am thinking I might do a few more. The problem is it's evident from reading a few posters' posts on here that I know diddly squat about the subject. Seems to me that I should have at least a basic education before I up the ante. Any suggestions as to a title for this "big book" please?! Assume I know nothing about the subject, but can assimilate maths stuff quickly.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I place the odd bet, but am thinking I might do a few more. The problem is it's evident from reading a few posters' posts on here that I know diddly squat about the subject. Seems to me that I should have at least a basic education before I up the ante. Any suggestions as to a title for this "big book" please?! Assume I know nothing about the subject, but can assimilate maths stuff quickly.

It's all about margins.

In this case, it's a 3 horse race. Home win, away win, draw.

The 'profit margin' on each would be just over 3%, making 'the book' 109% (100 +3 +3 +3).

4/1 represents 20%. Therefore both teams at 4/1 = 20% x 2 (40%).

So now take the 40 % book so far and add the difference to make 109%, which is 69%.

The odds that represent 69% are 4/9.

There's no way that the draw was priced as 4/9.

There's no way that both teams to win were 4/1

If I've got this wrong, ( which is highly possible after last night's intake of ice cold Punk IPA ) then I'll have to buy this magical book that Vegas is trumpeting.
:vuvu:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Watched it on the tellybox last night. Two things came to mind. 1, I'm glad we played Fulham when we did and 2, QPR were absolute pony.

That's what leapt out the page at me. If bookies were to offer such odds, it would be near impossible for a punter NOT to make money on the game.
Indeed, and for those who are unable to comprehend Pickles' maths, I'll make it simple for you. At the OP's quoted odds, put £4 on a home win, £4 on away and £5 on the draw. Total outlay £13, guaranteed return £20.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Kevin Pullein : Definitive guide to betting on Football (unbroken 17 year winning run) for the detail & Steve Palmer for fun, to read on a Caribbean beach with the winnings

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
The goals galore coupon is for a result with both teams scoring, so if you had backed Fulham to win on that coupon you would have won nothing as QPR did not score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here