Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ROSENIOR PRAISES STRONG MENTALITY

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Liam Rosenior believes that the number of strong characters in the squad has been a huge contributing factor to the side’s impressive start to the season.
The former Fulham and Hull City player emphasised the winning mentality that is prevalent across the whole squad.
He said, “We have leaders all over the pitch, and that has been highlighted in our performances.
“Beram [Kayal] and Dale [Stephens] are leaders. Sam Baldock is someone who is a leader because of the way he plays. He covers so much distance for us and works back into midfield to make tackles.
“He does the unseen things in the game that maybe fans or pundits don’t see sometimes. You speak about strikers scoring goals, but they also have a job to do without the ball as well.
“Lewis Dunk is a leader even though he’s a young man, he is still a leader.* Uwe [Huenemeier] and Gaetan [Bong] have come in and both lead by example.
“We’ve got leaders all over the pitch and you need that.* You need to have people who are willing to stand up and be counted in games and also off the pitch, by maintaining high standards in training and also living right.
“Doing the right things is very important. Not going out to all hours when you are meant to be resting for training, and making sure you are eating correctly, is vital.* Even the young players here have taken that on board and so far it is showing on the pitch.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 30-year-old is refusing to take anything for granted against a Bolton side who have yet to find their form so far this season.“They’ve got a lot of experienced players like Mark Davis and Neil Danns throughout the team and it is going to be another very difficult game.
“It would be unwise of us to think any differently, so I’m treating every game the same.
“It may sound like a cliché or a broken record, but everybody from the club is probably saying the same thing because it is true. If you take your foot off the gas, then you are not going to get the results you need to ultimately be successful in this league.”
Rosenior has been deployed slightly higher up the pitch in recent games and is relishing playing in a more attacking role on the right side of midfield.
“When I signed I said I’m happy to help the club in any way, shape or form, on and off the pitch.
“Bruno and Gaetan Bong have produced some superb performances and it has shown in our results.
“Somehow I’ve found my way into midfield and it is a role I’ve really enjoyed so far, playing in a footballing team. A team that likes to get the ball down and play. It enables me to show different qualities to those I’ve shown in previous years.”
[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V *BRISTOL CITY
[/h]TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V PRESTON NORTH END
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here