Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motorcycle BELLCHEESERY this afternoon...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So I'm driving home from work down the A23, and I'm behind this motorbike that has a small red LED scrolling underneath the numberplate, no bigger than a couple of inches tall. Think Knight Rider, but not going back and forth, just going across one way. Pretty unusual, I thought. As I catch up and get a bit closer, I realise that the scrolling LED light is actually spelling something out, its words moving across, but I can't quite make out what its saying because its too small. So NOW I'm curious. What does it say ? I pull up a bit closer behind the bike to see what this scrolling message is saying, and finally, I'm close enough to read it.

"Keep Your Distance"

Genius.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So I'm driving home from work down the A23, and I'm behind this motorbike that has a small red LED scrolling underneath the numberplate, no bigger than a couple of inches tall. Think Knight Rider, but not going back and forth, just going across one way. Pretty unusual, I thought. As I catch up and get a bit closer, I realise that the scrolling LED light is actually spelling something out, its words moving across, but I can't quite make out what its saying because its too small. So NOW I'm curious. What does it say ? I pull up a bit closer behind the bike to see what this scrolling message is saying, and finally, I'm close enough to read it.

"Keep Your Distance"

Genius.

It's probably intended for Audi/BMW drivers who wouldn't have needed to intentionally get closer to be able to read the sign.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Everyday as i cycle, i see a sign on the back left side of a number of buses which says
"This bus pulls in
frequently."

I say in my hyphenating mind: "you're not the only one, brother." *droop*

It's not very funny at all (delete the very if you wish), but i think it, or a variety of similar responses each and every time. I think it's a matter of never having a fellow cyclist by my side to nudge and share this moment of non-hilarity out loud with, accompanied by a good few eh's, if i quite had the confidence to ever use them, to give it up or let it go.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

"Keep Your Distance"

Genius.

This must be some sort of joke, Motorcyclists are the messengers of the Gods and, as such, to not need to conform to normal Highway Code Rules or common sense, in normal use no one would ever be close enough to read that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This must be some sort of joke, Motorcyclists are the messengers of the Gods and, as such, to not need to conform to normal Highway Code Rules or common sense, in normal use no one would ever be close enough to read that.

Whilst all car drivers adhere the Highway Code, without fail?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whilst all car drivers adhere the Highway Code, without fail?

I tried weaving through two lanes of stationary traffic in a car and didn't get very far.. also tried popping a wheelie but couldn't get my Triumph Acclaim off the ground... when I drive across chevrons and diagonal lane separating lines other motorists get upset for some reason .. wish I had my CB500T back.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here