Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the WRONGEREST you've been about an album?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
hate to love - OK Computer by Radiohead
hate to love - Think Tank by Blur

no real love to hate, although some can be overplayed to death/hate

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I got a bit caught up (young and easily influenced) by my friends at the time who said Springsteen's Born to Run was shit and massively over-hyped. I listened to it and thought the same - then I went to see him, against my better judgement, at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975 and from the first wavering organ notes of Thunder Road I was completely blown away. Now, 40 years on and its still way up there as one of my best of all times albums. In fact Im going to put it on right now and listed to it again!!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Actually, thinking about it, I think he started with Jungleland not Thunder Road!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How can you be right or wrong about music? You either like it, or you don't.

When I first listened to Kid A I thought it was almighty shite. A few years later I listened to it again and realised I had made an almighty error of judgement.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Actually, thinking about it, I think he started with Jungleland not Thunder Road!!

Well blow me down!! Ive just checked on t'internet and he did start with Thunder Road....jeez the old memory's going!!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I got a bit caught up (young and easily influenced) by my friends at the time who said Springsteen's Born to Run was shit and massively over-hyped. I listened to it and thought the same - then I went to see him, against my better judgement, at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975 and from the first wavering organ notes of Thunder Road I was completely blown away. Now, 40 years on and its still way up there as one of my best of all times albums. In fact Im going to put it on right now and listed to it again!!!

This gig was on the 18th November, 1975, the day I joined the Royal Navy

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
No Couldn't get TMR, tried but no use.

My hate to love Close to the edge, told the guy who lent it to me he'd been ripped off! Now it's a sing a long....

Trout Mask Replica.

It took me about 5 years to acknowledge it's genius. Now one of my favourite records of all time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When I first listened to Kid A I thought it was almighty shite. A few years later I listened to it again and realised I had made an almighty error of judgement.

Funny thing. I have just taken a liking to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Oh well, they say that you turn into your dad later in life, just didn't think it would happen quite this quickly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just about anything by Sinatra before I was about 25.

I was eventually converted by my wife who insisted on playing Songs for Swinging Lovers, an album I hated with a passion but now love :shrug:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Trout Mask Replica.

It took me about 5 years to acknowledge it's genius. Now one of my favourite records of all time.

Yes - this. I listened to it a few times at my friends place and eventually decided to get it. But I was skint and felt stealing it would be appropriate so I stuck it up my jumper and strolled out the shop. When I listened again i almost wanted to give it back. But now it's my go to if nothing else hits the spot. (stealing is bad and, don't ever steal and, i know i was a little shit.)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I lied for years about Lou Reeds Berlin. Deep down though I knew it was pretty ordinary at best. So my opinion never actually changed I just came out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remember my dad playing me Dark Side of the Moon when I was about 10 and just HATING the thing.

When I was 10 I was an idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here