Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Won't Get Fooled Again - Keith Moon's isolated drum track.

Binney on acid

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
My friend & I had tickets to see The who at Worthing assembly hall, when they played 'The who's next' live in concert for the first time. We got there hours before the gig started and sneaked in. We were thrown out, but not before we had witnessed Keith Moon practicing. He was one musician that didn't need to practice!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH!!!! Dun Dun Danaaa

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My friend & I had tickets to see The who at Worthing assembly hall, when they played 'The who's next' live in concert for the first time. We got there hours before the gig started and sneaked in. We were thrown out, but not before we had witnessed Keith Moon practicing. He was one musician that didn't need to practice!

I went to that gig too!!
Amazing night.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Not a great endorsement from Mr Enthwistle !!

"Couldn't keep time"
"Couldn't play the high hat"
"All his drumming sounded the same"

I think he may be a bit overated due to his style of drumming. Could be wrong.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not a great endorsement from Mr Enthwistle !!

"Couldn't keep time"
"Couldn't play the high hat"
"All his drumming sounded the same"

I think he may be a bit overated due to his style of drumming. Could be wrong.

Its well documented that, if you wanted a solid technical timekeeper, Moon wouldn't have been your choice, but his eccentric style meant that Entwhistle and Townsend adjusted to accommodate him. This made for a more exciting, unpredictable style. John Lydon couldn't sing a scale, but he is still one of the greatest vocalists in popular music.

Binney on acid

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I went to that gig too!!
Amazing night.

I checked a web site that details Who gigs, and there is no mention of that concert, although there is mention of an earlier one. I also saw them at Sussex University refectory circa 1970. I was standing at the back and only caught sight of Townshend's arm a few times, when he did his 'windmills'. Does that count as seeing 'The Who' ?!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I checked a web site that details Who gigs, and there is no mention of that concert, although there is mention of an earlier one. I also saw them at Sussex University refectory circa 1970. I was standing at the back and only caught sight of Townshend's arm a few times, when he did his 'windmills'. Does that count as seeing 'The Who' ?!

I am sure it does. Anyone who was at Woodstock or the IOW could claim thy saw them even though in reality they probably only heard them :)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Moon is dead
Mourn the King of the skins

Anyone recall this being painted in two foot high letters on the wall at the bottom of Adelaide Crescent when he died. No one wanted to remove it & it stayed for months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here