Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I: know I shouldn't laugh...

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Daily Mirror

A customer who ordered a mild curry from a local Indian restaurant was horrified to open the takeaway to find the receipt marked "WHITE PPL".
Spice-lover Stuart Lynn, 44, spent nearly £30 in Valentine Restaurant and asked for his venison curry to be served mild.
But when he returned home he found a note on his meal ticket which read: "VERY MILD, WHITE PPL."
Outraged Stuart believes the note was a slur suggesting white people couldn't handle a hot curry and has complained to the restaurant in Southall, west London.
Heathrow Airport supervisor Stuart, of Northolt, said: "I was not happy at all - it said 'white people' next to my curry.
"It implies we can't deal with strong curries. I do like a hot curry sometimes. I just fancied a mild one for a change. I thought it was very rude of them.
"It was the first time I've been in there and I won't be going back."
PAY-Take-away-receipt-white-people.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure what the problem is he asked for mild curry didn't he?? People can get outraged about the silliest things these days. If he'd ordered a vindaloo and been given a very mild curry he might have reason to scream for the Daily Mirror.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure what the problem is he asked for mild curry didn't he?? People can get outraged about the silliest things these days. If he'd ordered a vindaloo and been given a very mild curry he might have reason to scream for the Daily Mirror.

Indeed. Most obvious thing to conclude from this episode is that Stuart is a bit of a knob, with little going on in his life.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Indeed. Most obvious thing to conclude from this episode is that Stuart is a bit of a knob, with little going on in his life.

And you would think the same, i.e. that the person was a knob who had little going on in his life if the reference had been to "BLACK PPL", and the person had been black? I personally wouldn't have complained but each to their own.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And you would think the same, i.e. that the person was a knob who had little going on in his life if the reference had been to "BLK PPL", and the person had been black? I personally wouldn't have complained but each to their own.

Personally I wouldn't give a monkeys but I'm sure half the country would have been offended on said black person's behalf. It's the world we live in today in Blighty.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not sure if its real , but two things that stand out for me is firstly a venison curry and the VERY mild bit.

I cannot recall ever seeing an Indian restaurant describing a curry anything other than mild up to very hot, the 'very' bit seems to be perhaps an added request from the customer, aptly keyed in as 'white guy should of gone and had fish and chips'.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And you would think the same, i.e. that the person was a knob who had little going on in his life if the reference had been to "BLACK PPL", and the person had been black? I personally wouldn't have complained but each to their own.

You don't think Stuart is a knob, for taking the trouble to GO TO THE PAPERS, just because the guy at the Indian takeaway, in trying to make sure he got a meal to his personal tastes, gave what he thought was a useful note to the kitchen?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Venison curry, don't know how hot it is but I've heard it's very dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here