Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evans..................

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If people phoned up and said we were anything other than fantastic against Cardiff then they are Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday supporters."

:lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A 2-1 hiding, now there is a rare beast.

I like Steve Evans, he is a perfect panto hate character. I hope, but doubt, that he is on Twitter.........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just left Rotherham

After two wins on the trot ... one of the more bizarre dismissals

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strange decision, if sacked.

I can't stand the bloke but he was a good fit for Rotherham. Would have probably kept them up again.

Mind you, knowing his "personality" it may well have been for non-footballing reasons.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Did he walk out or sacked? Brentford bound?

No, Carsley's taken over at Brentford

It's true that we don't know whether he's walked out or not, but in my experience roughly 90% of managers don't leave of their own volition

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A sad day for Rotherham in my opinion.

Yes l know Steve Evans has an awful lot of critics, he has a no nonsense managerial style, gets in opponents faces, and plays a very direct physical brand of football, but hey, it has proved to be very successful in the lower leagues.

Under his management, Rotherham were playing well above themselves, and l've a feeling that without him last season, they would be back in League One now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No, Carsley's taken over at Brentford

It's true that we don't know whether he's walked out or not, but in my experience roughly 90% of managers don't leave of their own volition

I feel sure Rotherham wouldn't have dismissed him for footballing reasons. Idiots if they have.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He did a great job, if only for ending the depressing turnover of managers TS went through in search of the Championship, but he never felt like a manager for Rotherham, which has always been a friendly, family club. A lot of fans weren't happy when he was appointed and enjoyed the success despite him. The football this season, until the last two games, had not been good, but he had turned it around. The sacking is probably down to an inevitable clash of hefty egos between him and TS. Hard to see the Millers not going down now. UTM

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I feel sure Rotherham wouldn't have dismissed him for footballing reasons. Idiots if they have.

Apparently so, he wanted to go in a different direction from the chairman. I guess that means the chairman wanted him to go to the training ground and Evans wanted to go to the pie-shop ... :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hopefully back to Crawley where he can now take them OUT of the FL

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloke's a walking heart attack waiting to happen, sadly. Proper footballing man, and fair play for that, but somebody close to him needs to have a word to tell him to take a bit of a time out or at least to ease off on the pies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here