Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Credit Card Loss Lying Psychopath?

0 Not allowed!
    Is my niece dealing with a devious *******? My niece works in a small office and was given the company credit card to make a payment by her boss who is also a particularly unpleasant person. Three days later my niece was accused of having not given the card back and having lost it by her nasty boss who got really angry with her and made her feel really guilty. My niece could not actually remember giving the card back as it was such an insignificant act at the time. She was honest enough to admit that she did not actually remember giving it back but that did not necessarily mean she had not done so. There is only one other person who has access to the office who my niece trusts implicitly so knew they would not have taken it if my niece had carelessly left it somewhere.
    Strangely today my niece was asked to make another payment to the same company as previously with the supposedly new card which had allegedly been sent to replace the old lost one. When she spoke to the person on the phone to make the payment they asked if she would be using the same card as on the previous occasion (before the alleged loss) as the details were stored.
    On a whim and because she was suspicious she said it was the same card as previously used and she was then asked to confirm the last four digits only. The payment went through which proved that the supposedly new card had the same number as the lost one. My niece also noticed the start date was 01/15. Surely the new card would have a current start date. My niece couldn't tell by the condition of the card whether it was old.
    My niece now strongly believes the card was never lost and replaced. She believes the story was concocted to cause problems for her. Her boss has a history of unreasonable behaviour but this is taking things to extremes.
    Two questions:
    1. Is a replacement credit card always issued with a new number?
    2. Is my nieces boss a psychopathic *******?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by gen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is my niece dealing with a devious *******? My niece works in a small office and was given the company credit card to make a payment by her boss who is also a particularly unpleasant person. Three days later my niece was accused of having not given the card back and having lost it by her nasty boss who got really angry with her and made her feel really guilty. My niece could not actually remember giving the card back as it was such an insignificant act at the time. She was honest enough to admit that she did not actually remember giving it back but that did not necessarily mean she had not done so. There is only one other person who has access to the office who my niece trusts implicitly so knew they would not have taken it if my niece had carelessly left it somewhere.
      Strangely today my niece was asked to make another payment to the same company as previously with the supposedly new card which had allegedly been sent to replace the old lost one. When she spoke to the person on the phone to make the payment they asked if she would be using the same card as on the previous occasion (before the alleged loss) as the details were stored.
      On a whim and because she was suspicious she said it was the same card as previously used and she was then asked to confirm the last four digits only. The payment went through which proved that the supposedly new card had the same number as the lost one. My niece also noticed the start date was 01/15. Surely the new card would have a current start date. My niece couldn't tell by the condition of the card whether it was old.
      My niece now strongly believes the card was never lost and replaced. She believes the story was concocted to cause problems for her. Her boss has a history of unreasonable behaviour but this is taking things to extremes.
      Two questions:
      1. Is a replacement credit card always issued with a new number?
      2. Is my nieces boss a psychopathic *******?
      3. Cut his balls off or get a new niece
      You know I'm right
      Returning video tapes Colossal Squid's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      A card's start date will always be the month in which it is issued, or the following month. It wouldn't be 9 months ago.

So yes, it is the same card.

That's a pretty dumb lie by the boss

0 Not allowed!
      1/ Every new one I've ever had has had a new number. Although only the last one or two figures have changed.

2/ Probably just not a nice individual.
      Exiled amongst the red and white, at the wrong end of the A/M27. (P)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.........Time to die.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Number will always be changed, CVV2 will always be changed, start date (if present at all) will always be the month it was printed in / for use from, expiry date will *usually* change too. If they didn't change it, it'd be completely pointless as the old card could and would almost certainly be used if found.

Someone is out to get her.

0 Not allowed!
      1. Yes
      2. Yes
      I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

0 Not allowed!
      Sounds like he saw the card lying around somewhere, took it, and then made out she had lost it in a power trip fit.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Surprised she wouldn't remember handing the card back. If true she should look at changing job, then give this @)^%£W£ a load of abuse and snap his credit card while leaving the door for the last time.

0 Not allowed!
      Could also be he did think it was lost but then found it and, like Mourinho, is incapable of saying sorry!!!

0 Not allowed!
      What a to$$er. Would be nice if she could call him out in front of the everyone and make him look the nob he is.