Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

Just found this little statto snippet. FA Cup 15th Feb.1930 - Newcastle United 3-0 Brighton and Hove Albion. All three goals scored by Hughie Gallagher. The attendance was 56,469. I reckon that's the biggest ever crowd to watch the Albion apart from the 1983 FA Cup final and replay, and our two play-off finals. Feel free to correct me if I've got this wrong!

PS - Bigger than the Chelsea replay in 1967 and the semi-final against Sheffield Wednesday in 1983. :yawn:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Page_0001.jpg

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Just found this little statto snippet. FA Cup 15th Feb.1930 - Newcastle United 3-0 Brighton and Hove Albion. All three goals scored by Hughie Gallagher. The attendance was 56,469. I reckon that's the biggest ever crowd to watch the Albion apart from the 1983 FA Cup final and replay, and our two play-off finals. Feel free to correct me if I've got this wrong!

PS - Bigger than the Chelsea replay in 1967 and the semi-final against Sheffield Wednesday in 1983. :yawn:

I assumed this thread would be about the number of people to attend the amex over the weekend. Turns out to be 58,471 according to the BBC.
Has the home of the Albion ever had as many visitors within 24hours? I guess it may have happened at the Goldstone for some reason but I can't think of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here