Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graham Roberts - ridiculous Little Englander drivel on Talksport

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Briefly listening to Talksh*t this morning (I was channel-hopping!) and heard ex-Chelsea/Tottenham thug Graham Roberts come out with this gem…

“I’ve always said we (English clubs) were thrown out of Europe not because of Heysel, but because we kept winning everything”

What an utter C*NT. Always seemed like a wrong’un, and comes across like a horrible sh*t in Graeme Le Saux’s autobiography, so this just confirms it. Simply unbelievable.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Briefly listening to Talksh*t this morning (I was channel-hopping!) and heard ex-Chelsea/Tottenham thug Graham Roberts come out with this gem…

“I’ve always said we (English clubs) were thrown out of Europe not because of Heysel, but because we kept winning everything”

What an utter C*NT. Always seemed like a wrong’un, and comes across like a horrible sh*t in Graeme Le Saux’s autobiography, so this just confirms it. Simply unbelievable.

What is wrong with his point of view - I don't think he's far from the truth.

The English clubs throughout the late 70's to the mid 80's completely dominated in all European competitions and the reaction of UEFA at the time was wholly OTT given other European clubs had just as bad a hooliganism problem as the English.

Why have the Dutch ever been thrown out? What about the Turks and Italians for the stream of stabbings & violence during matches in and around their stadiums? What about the Russians for their constant homophobic and racist abuse of fans and players.

Despite Graham Roberts being a dick, I'm afraid he has hit the nail on the head with this.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

The English clubs throughout the late 70's to the mid 80's completely dominated in all European competitions and the reaction of UEFA at the time was wholly OTT given other European clubs had just as bad a hooliganism problem as the English.

Why have the Dutch ever been thrown out? What about the Turks and Italians for the stream of stabbings & violence during matches in and around their stadiums? What about the Russians for their constant homophobic and racist abuse of fans and players.
Despite Graham Roberts being a dick, I'm afraid he has hit the nail on the head with this.

Yes but it's no secret that Thatcher's government wanted English clubs out of Europe so UEFA were pushing at an open door. Of course other countries have had hooligan problems, but nothing like on the scale and depressing regularity of that supplied by the English during that period.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Pathetic, immature post

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

You're talking about isolated incidents, not a widespread problem. None of the nationalities you listed have had ANYWHERE NEAR the hooliganism problems Britain had in the 70s and 80s. Not even close.

And why on Earth would they throw us out for winning??!?!? You ACTUALLY believe that?? Why have they not thrown out Real Madrid, Barcelona etc?!?

Little Englander drivel....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes but it's no secret that Thatcher's government wanted English clubs out of Europe so UEFA were pushing at an open door. Of course other countries have had hooligan problems, but nothing like on the scale and depressing regularity of that supplied by the English during that period.
Oh, I don't know. When did English fans hurl mopeds and dead animals from the upper stands on to the fans below (Italy), how many English hooligans killed rival fans by deliberately stabbing them (one, tragically, at Birmingham) - nothing like as often as the Turks, how many flairs did the English fans throw (almost everyone else chucked them about like confetti - not the English, though)?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Oh, I don't know. When did English fans hurl mopeds and dead animals from the upper stands on to the fans below (Italy), how many English hooligans killed rival fans by deliberately stabbing them (one, tragically, at Birmingham) - nothing like as often as the Turks, how many flairs did the English fans throw (almost everyone else chucked them about like confetti - not the English, though)?

Again, you are talking about one-off isolated incidents not a sustained campaign of ongoing problems.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Wow, the Little Englander mob are out in force today. Finished with your Daily Mails for the day??

Always forget what a right wing cesspit this place is. Thanks for reminding me why I stopped coming on here!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
39 people died at Heysel plus some 600 injured.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
BBeRAYoCUAE5DR7.jpg

:bowdown:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Again, you are talking about one-off isolated incidents not a sustained campaign of ongoing problems.

are you serious? many countries have had serious crowd problems in and around football for decades. i recall there was borderline state of emergency around some Italian games a few years back with routine rioting, police vehicles being torched. as long as it stays inside a country, UEFA ignores it; if it affects UEFA games they've dealt out wrist slaps for anything from murder to racism. Heysal was a low point on all fronts, but we at least took it to heart and cleaned up our game, unlike the rest of Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here