Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By kind permission of Four Four Two magazine....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
.....I reproduce their predicted Championship table for 2015-16.

1) Wolves
2) Derby
3) Middsboro
4) Ipswich
5) Burnley
6) Birmingham
7) Bristol City
8) Hull
9) Brentford
10) Forest
11) Preston
12) Sheff Wed........
13) Blackburn
14) QPR
15) Huddersfield......( 16th )
16) Charlton............( 12th )
17) Cardiff..............( 11th )
18) Reading............( 19th )
19) Bolton...............( 18th )
20) Fulham.............( 17th )
21) Leeds...............(15th )
22) Rotherham........( 21st )
23) BHA.................( 20th )
24) MK Dons

Positions in brackets are last season.....clearly a lot of thought gone into this!

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
one chicken, two chickens ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not quite sure why they expect Wolves to be champions regardless of how early in season it is.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ok...I admit its still early but it is over 1/6th in already and I think it is safe to say that some of those predictions are going to be well off the mark.....
a) Wolves won't make top 6 let alone win it.
b) Bristol City haven't a prayer of 7th place.....bottom 7 guaranteed.
c) Brentford and Preston will be bottom half.
d) Of their bottom half predictions...I expect...QPR, Cardiff, Reading, Fulham and Brighton to be top half.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
in reverse order

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Do we really need to be taking this so seriously? Or lambasting FFT for a bit of pre-season fun?

Remember, a vast number of ALBION supporters were also predicting an Albion implosion this season....

As it happens, the overall prediction is looking quite good - and let's face it, we are a fifth of a way into the season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
To be fair to FFT they need to write the preview in June in time for a July issue. This makes our prediction based on last season's shambles and one or two signings, with the majority of our business not done yet and also even we still don't know how good some of these players are.

FFT can't really publish a season preview after the season has started so doing it at all outside of the premier league is very difficult.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok...I admit its still early but it is over 1/6th in already and I think it is safe to say that some of those predictions are going to be well off the mark.....
a) Wolves won't make top 6 let alone win it.
b) Bristol City haven't a prayer of 7th place.....bottom 7 guaranteed.
c) Brentford and Preston will be bottom half.
d) Of their bottom half predictions...I expect...QPR, Cardiff, Reading, Fulham and Brighton to be top half.

Well at least you haven't written that down on a public forum, where it'll still be in May 2016.

It takes a brave or stooopid man to predict the Championship 8 games in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
.....I reproduce their predicted Championship table for 2015-16.

1) Wolves POOR PREDICTION
2) Derby
3) Middsboro
4) Ipswich
5) Burnley
6) Birmingham
7) Bristol City VERY POOR PREDICTION
8) Hull
9) Brentford VERY POOR PREDICTION
10) Forest
11) Preston VERY POOR PREDICTION
12) Sheff Wed........
13) Blackburn
14) QPR
15) Huddersfield......( 16th )
16) Charlton............( 12th )
17) Cardiff..............( 11th )
18) Reading............( 19th ) VERY POOR PREDICTION
19) Bolton...............( 18th )
20) Fulham.............( 17th )
21) Leeds...............(15th )
22) Rotherham........( 21st )
23) BHA.................( 20th ) VERY, VERY POOR PREDICTION
24) MK Dons

Positions in brackets are last season.....clearly a lot of thought gone into this!

25% of the predictions are WOEFUL - Not great for a football magazine, really :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Would anyone have predicted Bournemouth to end the season as champions? It's a funny old game, Saint.

Maybe not but they did finish 10th the season before. Then a big injection of capital, some decent signings, momentum and bingo.
( Sounds vaguely familiar? )

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
To be fair to FFT they need to write the preview in June in time for a July issue. This makes our prediction based on last season's shambles and one or two signings, with the majority of our business not done yet and also even we still don't know how good some of these players are.

FFT can't really publish a season preview after the season has started so doing it at all outside of the premier league is very difficult.

I keep their predictions each year and their accuracy rate is not good, but to be fair, as you write, it must be hellishly difficult to predict really before any transfer activity has been started, let alone concluded. It's a bit of fun and wise not to take it too seriously, and I am sure that most don't. In their defence, how many of us really anticipated the start we have had, and at the end of last season CH did receive much flak for the poor finish after an initial hopeful burst last Xmas, so perhaps a prediction of bottom half may not seem so fanciful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here