Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bay City Rollers reform four decades on from glory days

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Great news i think.
I know a lot will be meh or think it not a good idea, but there all skint due to having never been given the money they earnt.
So good on them i say, saw "Les McKeown Bay City Rollers" a while back and they were good. so this should be better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A chap who played in 1 of my pubs regularly Clive Read, played with them on on a far east tour about 1994 so they or some of them have been playing as The Bay City Rollers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Say what you like about the BCR, but the football scarf tied round your wrist at the time was heavily BCR-influenced, whether you realised it or not..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A tour to miss.

I can proudly say I have never owned a Bay City Rollers single or album.

A highlight from their era was when Johnny Walker on his lunchtime radio 1 show on the album chart always rang out of time when the BCR had a number one album, so that both he and his listeners weren't subject to their warblings.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wasn't it their manager ? ???
Tam Paton? - almost...........
Paton was openly gay. In 1982, he was convicted of gross indecency with teenage boys, serving one year of a three-year prison sentence. He was arrested on child sexual abuse charges in January 2003, but was later cleared of all allegations.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Maybe that's why I didn't like music when I was a kid if these tw@ts were dominating the charts.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
But just like now, it wasn't hard to find the good stuff.

The One Direction of their day, utterly without merit.

The main difference is that one direction have become obscenely rich as a result, the rollers were conned & robbed of the're money hence this reunion.
Band of recent years will never need to do a reunion for money reasons.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The main difference is that one direction have become obscenely rich as a result, the rollers were conned & robbed of the're money hence this reunion.
Band of recent years will never need to do a reunion for money reasons.

There is that. So we can be thankful for small mercies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Japanese will be delighted

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Tam Paton? - almost...........
Paton was openly gay. In 1982, he was convicted of gross indecency with teenage boys, serving one year of a three-year prison sentence. He was arrested on child sexual abuse charges in January 2003, but was later cleared of all allegations.
He was a regular at The Walton Hop with a lot of other celebs:whistle::whistle:

el punal

A tour to miss.

I can proudly say I have never owned a Bay City Rollers single or album.

A highlight from their era was when Johnny Walker on his lunchtime radio 1 show on the album chart always rang out of time when the BCR had a number one album, so that both he and his listeners weren't subject to their warblings.

I'm with you on this. Time, methinks, to dust off my numerous Led Zep, Who, Free and Traffic albums to drown out those images of that Edinburgh boy band and their pre-pubescent, adoring fans. Rock on! :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here