Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Experiences of Birmingham City

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'm in Birmingham from tomorrow night until Sunday night, and was thinking about heading to see their game versus Rotherham (getting to Bolton and back isn't really an option). Has anyone been to St. Andrews? Is it worth a visit?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No. What you do is go for a few beers in Brewdog then go to Al Frash; one of the best curry houses I have been to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
About 20 years ago I went into a pub while working at The Midland hotel and ordered a Light & Bitter and the reply given was ' f..k off we dont serve cockneys'. very friendly staff/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a cockney but to that particular barmaid anybody who spoke with a southern accent must have been a cockney.

Went to St Andrews once and was told 'look after your car mister £2' I paid it as it was only £2, but a nearby driver told them to f..k off. he came back to find 2 wheels missing. I found that quite funny and ironical. especially as it was on a piece of waste land with no car parking charges.

Last edited:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
St Andrews and the surrounding area is a dump but whenever I've been to the footy there I've found the stewards and other staff to be very friendly and welcoming. Loads of decent boozers/balti houses in Brum as well.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
St Andrews and the surrounding area is a dump but whenever I've been to the footy there I've found the stewards and other staff to be very friendly and welcoming. Loads of decent boozers/balti houses in Brum as well.

This - second best place in the UK for curries (after Bradford). The only downside to the place is that it appears to have motorways running through the place. Travelling by foot is a nightmare

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This - second best place in the UK for curries (after Bradford). The only downside to the place is that it appears to have motorways running through the place. Travelling by foot is a nightmare

I recall walking from the city center to the ground was quite easy and didn't take too long.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm in Birmingham from tomorrow night until Sunday night, and was thinking about heading to see their game versus Rotherham (getting to Bolton and back isn't really an option). Has anyone been to St. Andrews? Is it worth a visit?
why not have a cultural experience in Smethwick:rolleyes:
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
sod the football,st andrews is a toilet.

get back into town and start at the walkabout pub area,expand from there,Birmingham is the greatest night out that people havnt realised yet......albion supporters go on about nottingham or blackpool(like other fans)......thats balls......birmingham surprises the socks off everyone that gives it a go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here