Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Africa Blames Defeat on Seagulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Well, they didn't actually blame the training ground. The only reference to any issues with the Gulls has come from the groundsman himself.

Springbok Team Manager Ian Schwartz (in The Independent): 'The training facilities we had at Eastbourne College ranked amongst the best we’ve ever had. In the days we trained there, we didn’t even see a single seagull.'

'No-one contacted us for comment on this and we don't know where the claims come from'

It appears the problem was resolved before they started training.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You could not make this up-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...defeat-to-japan-on-seagulls-poo-10511116.html

Had nothing to do with the fact that they were out played by a much less fancied team

So the Independent have got a story from the Daily Star who have got the story from a random tweet. Isn't that pretty close to making it up?

As much as I do not like the Springboks, the aftermath of this defeat has been pretty consistent - blame the coach and the aging players he picked. Which is unusual for them as they usually blame the Ref.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This story has appeared in several papers, but is clearly nonsense based on a couple of irrelevant tweets from random SA fans. The Springboks management have totally dismissed the story.

Mind you, as an old Eastbournian, it did make me chuckle to see my old school make headline news around the world.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
So the Independent have got a story from the Daily Star who have got the story from a random tweet . Isn't that pretty close to making it up?

As much as I do not like the Springboks, the aftermath of this defeat has been pretty consistent - blame the coach and the aging players he picked. Which is unusual for them as they usually blame the Ref.

Surely that should read....random squawk ? :bhasign:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe this was a NZ seagull seeking revenge or the (alleged) poisoning of the All Blacks before the WC final in SA

el punal

We really are into poo-gate part 2 territory here. As with part 1, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. That's twice now that the seagulls have been blamed for doing shit-all.

Expect, in six months time, a confession from an ex-Palace coach driver to say that he was in Eastbourne at the time with dodgy bowels.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
£32000 a year! And some parents send two or more children there!

And it's not even one of the famous ones.

Bloody. Hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here