Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tonight's game - Come on Derby

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Classic Sky with their 'don't trust the league table, these 2 are the ACTUAL best teams in the league' bollocks. Derby spend £10 million on Johnson and Butterfield and proceed to spend a fair amount of time bypassing both and hoofing up to the front men. Second time I've seen Derby under Clement and they're not exactly the total football kings people make them out to be. Burnley not much better with Andre 'more expensive than Schweinsteiger' Gray completed isolated up front before going off injured. Good for us to stay under the radar for now, and of course it's still early days in terms of the season. However, these 2 are not exactly living up to the rather hysterical billing just now.

Well said, Sky, you're a joke [emoji2] they build all their live games up like they're gonna be the best thing ever.....lol.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I'm starting to really feel confident about our chances for top 6 this season. Nobody else apart from Boro are finding any form at all. Derby are looking worse than the last 2 seasons!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
The next 2 months will be the key for us. There is a real opportunity to get to December still unbeaten, I know it surely won't happen but Derby, QPR & Boro in December will be a real test and I can see the top teams really being decided then. If we can get there still in the top 2 then we could make it to 2016 with a real fighting chance.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I wasn't particularly impressed with either team. Derby look like they have bought top talent without much thought as to how they will fit together. How long will it take Clement to work it out?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been given a free £100 bet, done Burnley to win £30 for a draw and £100 per goal if they win...money for nothing?

How did I get £100 free bet if you don't mind me asking?

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Hi all,

As a Brighton based Claret I was looking forward to what turned out to be a dire match, feel sorry for any neutrals who had to watch it. I'm unsure it's 2 points dropped though, losing Gray meant we lost any real chance of scoring. Vokes is still getting back into form following his injury and Hemmings isn't 100% fit either. On top of that we're playing 3 wingers in midfield with Arfield in the centre whilst we wait for Marney and Ulvestad to recover from injuries. Oh and Barton to get fit. A combination of bad luck with knocks and a transfer policy which has yet to bear fruit means we're playing with a team yet to gel.

We're very 'workmanlike' and last night was reminiscent of how we were when Dyche took over, organised and hoping to ensure we just don't get beat. Bearing in mind how much Derby have spent and the players they brought in they created very little, I'm sure they'll come good at some point. Just glad we played them when they have yet to fire properly.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It was good to see two big spending teams struggling. I'm sure they'll both improve as the season goes on though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
How did I get £100 free bet if you don't mind me asking?

In the message the spread betting company said it was to encourage me to start using them again..bizarrely i have a credit balance and have used them most weekends since season started so bit confused & lucky it was not their best data extract!?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I didn't watch the game, but noticed there was no involvement from our Ashley.

Probably old news to those who pay more attention than I do, but he is out for all/most of this season with knee ligament injuries. And he is still only 25!

It still pisses me off that he was effectively hounded out of the club.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I didn't watch the game, but noticed there was no involvement from our Ashley.

Probably old news to those who pay more attention than I do, but he is out for all/most of this season with knee ligament injuries. And he is still only 25!

It still pisses me off that he was effectively hounded out of the club.

He's out for the season. ACL.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Ashley's a big miss. He got us over the line when we were promoted and fitted into Dyche's setup last season. Having him and Marney pick up long term injuries was a kick in the teeth, I thought Barnes would be a key player for us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here