Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Amazon Prime Video - Recommendation thread

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A thread for Amazon Prime subscribers who discover a movie or series that they just have to recommend. Sometimes they are just hidden away.

I'll start with Wrymwood:Road of the Dead.

I normally steer clear of zombi films having had my zombie fill following The Walking Dead, however this very low budget Aussie indie flick is well worth a look as it does have some fresh ideas as well as referencing some classic movies like Mad Max. Bianca Bradley also gives one hell of a performance. :love:

I'll also recommend the Vikings series, which although slumped a bit toward the end of the first series, serves up an excellent series.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My movie is on there... not everyone's cup of tea but the horror bloggers and critics have liked it... the Amazon customers less so!!!

Search 'The Cutting Room'.

www.thecuttingroommovie.com

Excellent, I've added it to my watch list. Look forward to watching that as I saw your thread about the film. You still get a royalty if I watch it on Prime right!?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Whilst on the subject, or near to it, is it possible to download stuff from Netflix? I would subscribe, but our internet connection is pants so streaming is often a tale buffering.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excellent, I've added it to my watch list. Look forward to watching that as I saw your thread about the film. You still get a royalty if I watch it on Prime right!?

The Cutting Room isn't on Prime Instant Video (i.e. the 'free' one), but maybe you didn't mean that.

This site helps with finding stuff away from the Amazon interface: http://amzprime.maft.uk/catalogue and you can see the latest stuff added: http://amzprime.maft.uk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst on the subject, or near to it, is it possible to download stuff from Netflix? I would subscribe, but our internet connection is pants so streaming is often a tale buffering.

Not legally, no.

Netflix is pretty good at making the best of what bandwidth is available and adjusting quality to meet that.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
It's not a hidden gem but over the last few weeks I've blitzed through all seasons of Suits. Would highly recommend!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Cutting Room isn't on Prime Instant Video (i.e. the 'free' one), but maybe you didn't mean that.

This site helps with finding stuff away from the Amazon interface: http://amzprime.maft.uk/catalogue and you can see the latest stuff added: http://amzprime.maft.uk

Well, I sort of did and didn't as I often confuse Prime and Instant Video. Happy to pay for this one though, even if it's not in my prime list.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

You can download from blinkbox, you pay for what you view. Maybe your thing? free to register.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
I'd say Extant (if you like gentle sci-fi and/or Halle Berry) or Outlander (if you like Scottish historical drama/nudity).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Arrow is good if you like your superhero stuff.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Arrested Development is hilarious, but only the original series' (before Netflix revived it and did a crappy follow-up season). Parks & Recreation and Weeds are decent but also falter a bit as the seasons go on.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Bosch is the best thing I have seen on Amazon Instant Video.
Bloodline is the tits too but can't remember if that is Amz or Netflix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here