4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nice. Very nice. Looked like there was a lot of laughter that afternoon. Thanks for sharing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How wacky. Reminds me of the Fast Show sketch with Colin Hunt!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Happy people getting on with each other without any violence or animosity towards each other despite lots to drink.

Not a lot wrong with that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lovely to see so many black faces in amongst those lovely jovial Saffer Colin Hunts. Not forgetting the two on the pitch.

Pure "rainbow nation" chuckles there.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lovely to see so many black faces in amongst those lovely jovial Saffer Colin Hunts. Not forgetting the two on the pitch.

Pure "rainbow nation" chuckles there.

Were you at the game? I was and saw a good mix of black fans amongst the expected Boers. Couple of young black lads drinking in the Duke of Boots before the game also. The Saffers I saw, to a man, woman and child, took the defeat on the chin and gave credit to Japan. They went up in my estimation on Saturday.

It's too easy to lazily stereotype rugby fans (braying Henry's; racist Saffers). It was refreshing to see such an incredible mix of people at the Amex on Saturday.

PG

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Were you at the game? I was and saw a good mix of black fans amongst the expected Boers. Couple of young black lads drinking in the Duke of Boots before the game also. The Saffers I saw, to a man, woman and child, took the defeat on the chin and gave credit to Japan. They went up in my estimation on Saturday.

It's too easy to lazily stereotype rugby fans (braying Henry's; racist Saffers). It was refreshing to see such an incredible mix of people at the Amex on Saturday.

PG

To be fair, I'm only commenting on the pics, not on the entire make-up of the crowd! I have a couple of Saffer mates who went actually, and they're sound blokes. The irony of them travelling down to Brighton for the rugby from their homes in Twickenham! :)

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Never met a South African with a sense of humour yet....very dull people,but guess I've been unlucky.

well I drank with 4 after the game and they were as nice as nuts - graceful in defeat but they were Sussex based so maybe not so short sighted !

Drinking at the Amex was great fun too and despite non stop drinking by some and no segregation everyone was fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here