Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale - Brighton Montage

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how many of those saves were deemed 'lucky' and 'one off's' by certain posters on here?

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Quality video there, he's had his doubters, for sure, but a quality keeper and a quality personality to have at the club. Looks to be a bargain from Fulham last summer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was one of his biggest critics last season, justifiably so I think, but he has improved immensly this year whether it be due to his weight loss or working with Ben Roberts, but obviously his team mates rate him highly.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I was one of his biggest critics last season, justifiably so I think, but he has improved immensly this year whether it be due to his weight loss or working with Ben Roberts, but obviously his team mates rate him highly.
He hasn't really improved much at all this season, he didn't need to.
He's an excellent goalkeeper, the best "attacking" keeper in the country, great shot - stopper, commanding in and around the box, a good communicator and he's huge.
People are finally beginning to realise just what we have in David Stockdale.
Sure, he let a few goals in last season that he would be disappointed with, but, to be fair, he got very little help from Sam's defence.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Far better this season, admittedly with a better defence in front of him. He admitted that he was poor in patches last season, and appears to have taken constructive steps to sort it. Well done Stocko.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great keeper; top bloke.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He's an excellent goalkeeper, the best "attacking" keeper in the country, great shot - stopper, commanding in and around the box, a good communicator and he's huge.
Sure, he let a few goals in last season that he would be disappointed with, but, to be fair, he got very little help from Sam's defence.

Never had a problem with his excellent distribution, but he did not start as well last season as this, I would say he has improved.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This....plus he appears to be a top bloke, a good club ambassador and very genuine.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Never had a problem with his excellent distribution, but he did not start as well last season as this, I would say he has improved.
He may "look" better this season but that's clearly a confidence thing.
Not just in himself, but in the players in front of him.
He does more this season, such as coming for more crosses, but he isn't a better goalkeeper than he was.
It's just that people gave him unwarranted criticism last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here