Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How FANTASTIC Has This Weekend Been For The Town?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Massive respect due to the council, the club, the community and the weather gods for making this weekend happen and pass off perfectly. There will be huge numbers of rugger bugger and associated visitors who will now take away nothing but good memories of the town, and won't be slow in coming forward to broadcast this on global social media. And yesterday's Japan win was as important in its own way as ABBA winning the Eurovision Song Contest at the Dome in 1974. All adds to the history of the town and the club and it's all good. IMHO, like.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Agreed. And, meanwhile, Albion are three points clear at the top of the Chamionship 8 games into the season (odds on to end season in at least play-offs....).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And Son Heung-min.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I went to the fan zone and then mozied along to The Fortune of War for a pint on the beach today. It was brilliant - like being a tourist in my own town. All sorts of things going on. I love Brighton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Apart from the great advertisement of the town and stadium, will the club make any money from hosting these games? Do we get a cut of the gate/advertising/TV/catering money?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Also, luckily the weather was kind for a change, which adds to the very many new visitors perception of our great little city. Long may we reap benefits.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Apart from the great advertisement of the town and stadium, will the club make any money from hosting these games? Do we get a cut of the gate/advertising/TV/catering money?

Of course, that's why they put the pies up.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
It has been a superb weekend. The city was buzzing, I was so proud when i got to the stadium this morning with the number of people from all over the world commenting how good it was. I'm on such a high from the weekend ! :clap:

el punal

When I did the grand tour of the Amex Brighton Falmer Community World In Union International Stadium (I think that covers all the bases!) I was told the club, financially, would only benefit from renting the stadium out to the RWC and the catering/bar revenue. The rest goes into the coffers of the RWC.

The cost of preparing the stadium for both games, i.e. advertising, signage and all the rest is met by the RWC.

In terms of kudos, goodwill and publicity for Brighton and Hove Albion, the city and Sussex - priceless.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So proud of our special bit of England. The stadium came across as such a fantastic venue with good rails links (yes!) to Brighton. The history making Japan win and the fine weather capped a glorious weekend. When the hotel is built there will be major events regularly flocking to the Amex.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
So so proud today except the little fockers kept churning up our pitch. Don't they know we play proper football?WTF IMHO LOL CANT THINK OF ANY MORE

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Possibly one of the greatest rugby matches at our stadium; great propaganda for the club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Of course, that's why they put the pies up.

When I did the grand tour of the Amex Brighton Falmer Community World In Union International Stadium (I think that covers all the bases!) I was told the club, financially, would only benefit from renting the stadium out to the RWC and the catering/bar revenue. The rest goes into the coffers of the RWC.

The cost of preparing the stadium for both games, i.e. advertising, signage and all the rest is met by the RWC.

In terms of kudos, goodwill and publicity for Brighton and Hove Albion, the city and Sussex - priceless.
It all helps.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
With all the bunting up and the guides shouting into their microphones (boy was the bloke outside the station loud), it reminded me of the Olympics. The centre of the city looked like little South Africa (all very friendly; I didn't notice any of the arrogance they're supposed to be renowned for), with a fair number of Japanese around too. There was a great atmosphere in the stadium too (of course the superb game helped), which I only wish could be repeated for Albion games. Then, going back to Lewes a number of people were remarking what a lovely stadium it is, one chap mentioning that it is full for most games (trying to stand in the crush I couldn't be bothered to point out that it isn't quite full, or that I'm there every other week). I don't want to see rugby at the Amex regularly, as I think it will harm the pitch, but I wonder if Worthing Rugby Club continues to grow and gets into one of the big leagues, is there potential to hold a cup game there?

By the way, THPP, I looked for you in the South Stand concourse after the game (I was in the East), but I assumed you'd gone at the final whistle to beat the crowds.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Agree, it's been great. It makes it even more surprising how difficult the council made it with regards to getting an International venue built in the city.

And just WHO considered the unbroken SEA-VIEWS of those unfortunate souls who'd INVESTED in highly-priced sea-front PROPERTIES? Didn't hear a peep of nimby action over the i360. And apple should sue them for prefixing it with an 'i'... Would have thought it was INTELLECTUAL property.

That said the great and good of French literature at the time thought the Eiffel Tower was a white elephant at best, or a monstrosity. Who are we to judge the curious ways of the COUNCIL?

Agree entirely with the topic. Witnessing Japanese fans being greeted with raucous cheers everywhere they went post-match through the town centre warmed my heart as well. Looks like the RIVER KWAI has been FORGIVEN.

nb. all capitalisations intellectual property of court JESTER, Earnest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here