Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fine margins

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Had not just one but two penalties actually gone in yesterday in The Championship rather than both being saved, how different the top of the table would look today ?.
Nottingham Forest failed to convert a penalty late into injury time against Middlesborough, which had it been scored would almost certainly mean't a draw & only one point for Boro.
Then of course Tomer Hemed had his penalty saved yesterday at Wolves for us, which as the game further developed with Wolves going down to 10 men following one of their players being sent off early in the second half would have certainly given us a win had Tomer scored.
The League would now put us 7 points clear at the top of the table rather than the 3 point lead we have now over Boro.
Still considering our amazing start to the season one shouldn't get too angry about those two missed pens, but it's hard not feel a little disappointed neither pen was scored.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Forest's missed penalty was on 78 minutes so still plenty of time for a winner either way after that. But get your point, could've easily been sitting on a very healthy lead at the top this morning.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As Liam Brady once said "If my granny had balls, she'd be my grandad"

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
CH himself said a couple of matches ago about fine margins and how they were falling our way ...long way to go...I'm not sure we can quite believe the start we've made

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope the fine margins go for us and against Middlesbrough next Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here