Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Amex today: the sequel

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's hard to believe today will live up to yesterday's dramas but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Just dug out the tickets to note we are in row A in the South Stand so spotting ourselves on TV should be easy enough.

Who else is going?

Saturday I was two rows behind the West Upper bank of cameras and commentators so chances of being on TV = 0

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Another enjoyable day.... Not quite as electric as yesterday but still great...... I especially liked a chant from a group of lads close by which went something like this...
Samoa, Samoa
You are from the South Pacific
We can't be more specific
Oh Samoa....

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Great day out. Beer was piss. No sign of any food. All my rugger bugger mates who had their first trip to the Amex loved it. Very proud (and am I allowed to say that football is much more interesting than rugby).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just watching recording back on ITV. Love the opening overhead pictures of The Amex.

"The Brighton Community Stadium looking absolutely SUBLIME in the South Downs sunshine" ...

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Schhhhhh don't tell anyone but the BBC's website match report has renamed the venue from the MasterCard Brighton Community Stadium to the American Express Community Stadium.

There are are some things Money Can't buy ( that would make a nice banner)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Sorry we don't have vegetarian pies today."

"What do you have for vegetarians then?"

"Crisps?"

Same old Amex.

The North Stand had loads of vegetarian pies, so I had one for lunch. Pity there was no decent beer to wash it down

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
estimated 40 minute queue for the single ticket window at Lewes station (machine handily out of order) at 10.45am. We got in a taxi which worked well - cheaper than train, quicker to Amex, and didn't even need to buy a ticket afterwards.

It astounds me that people don't purchase tickets online beforehand. The inside machine was working and it took us 5 minutes to collect our tickets. Would have been 30 seconds at bexhill but I forgot to collect them and only remembered at pevensey :facepalm:

Gave up with the food queue in the east lower, some tills were not even in use and there were stupid women buying wine which they were tasting and then giving back again. Went and picked up a breakfast pie just before half time which was excellent. Why can't we have them for football games again piglets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here