Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Amex today: the sequel

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's hard to believe today will live up to yesterday's dramas but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Just dug out the tickets to note we are in row A in the South Stand so spotting ourselves on TV should be easy enough.

Who else is going?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Gutted I couldn't get a ticket. Yesterday looked magnificent on tv. Enjoy your Amex Egg Chasing

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yep going today, was going to support the underdogs USA, but found out their nick name is the Eagles :sick:. So it's Samoa all the way for me. Hope it's a good game.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Will they need to relay the pitch afterwards or is it holding up well?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have an amazing time fellas. Would have loved to have gone. Was at Twickenham yesterday for France v Italy. Great atmosphere even if the game didn't rise to the level of expectation set by Japan at the Amex.

I watched the RSA v Japan game at the Eel Pie Pub in Twickenham. So, proud to see the Amex on the TV. Such an achievement for our city to be hosting these events.

Quote of the day overheard from a bloke in the pub where I was watching the game was this:

Him: "Where's that being played then"

His mate: "Brighton Community Stadium"

Him: "Well, Brighton Community Stadium are doing some very good things. That place looks brilliant."

I puffed up with a bit of pride.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Will they need to relay the pitch afterwards or is it holding up well?
The pitch is grown from seed with artificial type roots so I don't imagine relaying is an option. Looked fine so far anyway with 2 weeks to repair the scuffs.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think the pitch gets relaid every season. I seem to recall that the reason The Who didn't play the Amex in the summer was that the date they could play clashed with this process?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think the pitch gets relaid every season. I seem to recall that the reason The Who didn't play the Amex in the summer was that the date they could play clashed with this process?
Resown I believe rather than relaid. I may be wrong but thought that was the case.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very much looking forward to this! Hopefully the atmosphere can get close to yesterday's magnificence!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have an amazing time fellas. Would have loved to have gone. Was at Twickenham yesterday for France v Italy. Great atmosphere even if the game didn't rise to the level of expectation set by Japan at the Amex.

I watched the RSA v Japan game at the Eel Pie Pub in Twickenham. So, proud to see the Amex on the TV. Such an achievement for our city to be hosting these events.

Quote of the day overheard from a bloke in the pub where I was watching the game was this:

Him: "Where's that being played then"

His mate: "Brighton Community Stadium"

Him: "Well, Brighton Community Stadium are doing some very good things. That place looks brilliant."

I puffed up with a bit of pride.

I'm not into rugby but an old colleague dropped me a message yesterday to say he was watching the game, realised it was Brighton and felt compelled to send me a message saying how great the stadium looked.

I've been picking up a few bits a pieces from friends in town last night and by all accounts the whole day has been quite fun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure whether to turn the collar of my polo shirt up or not.

Scruff bag. It's surely jeans, shoes and a pink cuff-linked shirt at the rugger?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep going today, was going to support the underdogs USA, but found out their nick name is the Eagles :sick:.
In fairness, they actually are the Eagles. It's their national symbol and Eagles are from there. They're the one nation that should be calling their sporting team the Eagles.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was at the game yesterday lots of people very complimentary about the Stadium, a few who were exclaiming how it was too good for a football team like Brighton. I held off from pointing out our position in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here