Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Manu

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He's finally made his first team debut. However I can't get a sense from the commentary and comments on here of whether there is real promise or if he was just off the pace. He's perhaps the one transfer window signing that is still an unknown. Chris Hughton sounded a bit unsure in an earlier interview. Is he going to be the one mistake this year, or can he develop into a useful winger?.....

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Who knows? He had 45 minutes playing with a makeshift strike force and our midfielders/wingers weren't offering the service they had provided in the previous couple of matches. Wolves were also sticking men behind the ball after the sending off. Don't think you can read too much into his performance

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think he's played.as both but is more of a winger, the boot in the face soon after coming on won't have helped as an introduction to the English game. Don't think you can judge either way on yesterday

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I liked what I saw. The expectation was that he was quick but a bit raw. Based on yesterday's performance, you wouldn't want him to lead the line, however his movement and touch, both showed promise. As for the offsides I was encouraged that he was looking to make those runs in behind defenders.
Patience is the key here, it may be 6 months or more, before we reap the benefits of this signing.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From the clips i saw of gis time ipwith Feyenoord i am guessing he will be a disappointment if we are expecting goals. The ones he scored where often when he had space, something not often given here.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I think he's played.as both but is more of a winger, the boot in the face soon after coming on won't have helped as an introduction to the English game. Don't think you can judge either way on yesterday
I agree, I think the kick in the face renders any judgement on his performance yesterday invalid. It was quite a hefty blow.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If Elvis isn't ready yet then the strength in depth for forwards isn't quite as good as I thought it was

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If Elvis isn't ready yet then the strength in depth for forwards isn't quite as good as I thought it was

This is where i am. I'm not over reacting to one game but i really do think we need cover for Baldock. We have great cover in so many places, bar this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I liked what I saw. The expectation was that he was quick but a bit raw. Based on yesterday's performance, you wouldn't want him to lead the line, however his movement and touch, both showed promise. As for the offsides I was encouraged that he was looking to make those runs in behind defenders.
Patience is the key here, it may be 6 months or more, before we reap the benefits of this signing.

But the offsides weren't just for offensive runs, they were for ambling back, when the ball went in his direction, which is poor.

Overall, as I said in match ratings thread, the pace caught him by surprise and I'm sure he'll get better.

We need to make a more informed judgement over a number of games rather than 45 mins.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
But the offsides weren't just for offensive runs, they were for ambling back, when the ball went in his direction, which is poor.

Overall, as I said in match ratings thread, the pace caught him by surprise and I'm sure he'll get better.

We need to make a more informed judgement over a number of games rather than 45 mins.

I know I have been reading this a lot on NSC so there must be some truth in it. Is that how it works ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would you think it was good?

We have 3 specific positional strikers, the fast one, the big one & the 15 minute one and nothing else.
SB & TH become completely ineffectual without the other and Bobby is currently less than half a player and not up to CoG standard in that role.

This season the Albion have been odd goal lucky (the exact opposition to last season).
With no goal scoring strength in depth derailing that has always been a heart beat away.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I was only watching the stream but I thought Elvic looked keen until he got kicked in the mouth and the referee's weird delay on letting him come back onto the field.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Elvis Manu? More like Elvis DOGSHITU

He had 45 minutes yesterday and not ONE goal did he muster. The pointless Dutch waste of space.

I didn't go to the game but could see he was COMPLETE TURD and I demand we GET RID at the earliest opportunity. I don't care the transfer window is shut. TERMINATE his contract like the unborn foetus of a rape victim

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here