Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
em-l229-2699512_478x359.jpg

Elvis Manu made his Albion debut at Wolves
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:01 20th September 2015
by Adam Tighe
It was a warm welcome as I got kicked in the mouth by the defender after one of my first touches! "
Elvis Manu
Elvis Manu was nearly left all shook up when his first introduction to English football was a boot to the face.
The Brighton & Hove Albion striker received a kick to the face against Wolves moments after entering the fray, leaving him sporting a nasty and bloodied fat lip.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a warm welcome as I got kicked in the mouth by the defender after one of my first touches!
“But I was very excited to get my chance to play today, and it was a physical game. Both teams were competing well against each other and the match was a fight.
“At the end we were the better team and we had the better chances but a goalless draw isn’t a bad result and we are still top of the table.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

After making his bow in English football at Molineux, Manu believes football in this country is far removed from the Dutch leagues.“You cannot compare the Dutch league to this as it a very different style. The Championship is more physical and has more pace, while the Dutch league builds up from the back to the front, so it is quite different, but I have settled in well.”
The striker is now looking to find the net regularly and force his way into the starting line-up for Albion.
“I have to be patient as the team has been winning, but today my moment came and I have to keep on going.
“Once I start to score some goals then I will make it harder for the gaffer not to choose me - but we have a good team, with good players, so the competition for places is very hard.”

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V *BRISTOL CITY
[/h]TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V PRESTON NORTH END
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here