Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolverhampton

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Today really did make me ever so slightly proud of how we treat away fans. I appreciate some (including myself at first) don't like the way we 'pamper' away fans with the padded seats, coloured away end, local beers, and so on, but today has changed my mind.

Incredibly backwards approach to treating away supporters all day. Oh, and what an absolute DIVE Wolverhampton is.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Questioned by almost every police officer outside the station, and told to go either to 'Faces' (which was Oceana), or to the ground. No other pub would be letting any away fans in without a home ticket.

Got to faces, pitch black nightclub charging £7 a pint. Police weren't even allowed to let us walk down the high street. Bear in mind none of our group had colours on, or been drinking.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
A
Today really did make me ever so slightly proud of how we treat away fans. I appreciate some (including myself at first) don't like the way we 'pamper' away fans with the padded seats, coloured away end, local beers, and so on, but today has changed my mind.

Incredibly backwards approach to treating away supporters all day. Oh, and what an absolute DIVE Wolverhampton is.
Agree 100% !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I remember thinking Molineux was a great ground after it was developed, better than most other stadiums, but it does seem very old fashioned suddenly. I think we are s bit spoilt by the Amex.

I've always found the locals quite friendly though and I enjoy going to the various Midlands clubs more than any other away trip.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just walked out the station, sold my spare ticket and went to the Great Western - simples.

Mind you first time in around 20 plus years I have been frisked going into the ground.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just walked out the station, sold my spare ticket and went to the Great Western - simples.

Fair enough. We were told by numerous coppers we'd be wasting our time, as there is no way we'd be let in without home tickets, so didn't bother.

Oh well.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
My lips are very dry today and covered in Vaseline presently after being subjected to the fierce, scorching Wolverhampton sun during the game. SOLAR OUT.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Mind you first time in around 20 plus years I have been frisked going into the ground.

Only reason I go to away matches.. lol

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fair enough. We were told by numerous coppers we'd be wasting our time, as there is no way we'd be let in without home tickets, so didn't bother.

Oh well.

Sadly they were talking shit there were no bouncers in the Great Western and quite a few Brighton fans talking with a lot of Wolves fans.

Met my two Wolves mates there and had a few pre-match pints of special which was very agreeable.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I agree. To use Faces nightclub as a designated away pub,is treating football fans with complete contempt.Ive nothing against Wolverhampton itself,and ive always found the people freindly,,but thinking this shithole was a suitable place for football fans shows what a complete and utter lack of respect thay have for people visiting their city

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CPRA1OWWsAABk2H.jpg

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Brummies. Nuff said
Ive been to Birmingham, Cov, Wolves, and a couple of other Midlands clubs, always met friendly fans and had a good time. Its a much friendlier area than Brighton of late, unless your a London media type which are all the rage around Brighton these days... Do you think its a little bit too deprived an area with too many poor people and not shiney enough for our middle class away fans?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here