Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sending off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wasn't there but just seen this on a wolves forum. Looked conclusive on the telly, but this still makes it look very 50/50..

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=919593044776308&set=p.919593044776308&type=1&theater

We've seen a few of these over the years, the player not getting sent off the one injured.

From the television, I think the ref make the right decision - but the margins are so low. Virgo correctly commented that it wouldn't have been a sending off ten years ago.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That photo is so misleading . Who plays the ball on the outside if their foot ffs?

He missed the ball and slid through off the ground through Rosenior.

****ing Northern monkeys no **** all about the game, silly beggars.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That shot certainly makes it look 50/50; the actual video footage can add a bit of context though: angle and pace of tackle etc.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That shot certainly makes it look 50/50; the actual video footage can add a bit of context though: angle and pace of tackle etc.

No It doesn't, it clearly shows he's through early and takes the player.

The ball is almost at his heel on the outside of his foot.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
From where we were stood it looked a dangerous lunge by the player. Wonder what the Wolves fans who were in the Steve Bull upper thought as they would have seen the same as we did.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I totally agree with all of the above, but the point I was making was about the low margins on these challenges this days. A few centimetres, a twist of the foot and it goes the other way.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No It doesn't, it clearly shows he's through early and takes the player.

The ball is almost at his heel on the outside of his foot.

In you post before mine you've stated 'the photo is so misleading'. That means that you agree with me, doesn't it?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Ref. was close and at the right angle. He had the card out before Coady had stopped sliding. QED.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Red card all day long. Studs up and over the ball. I'm surprised people even think it's marginal.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Looked a red in realtime replays just reinforce that. Honestly have no idea what they are complaining about studs up, with force, missed ball, caught player a clear red

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was a definite red card, referee was straight in there and as stated no complaints from Wolves manager just their whinging fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here