Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about SHAT to start the new series then, eh?

Corrected for you Frutos.

Very disappointed by that first episode, there seems to be a kind of smug self confidence that they can knock anything out because hey, It's Doctor Who and you will lap it up. Genuinely underwhelmed by it frankly, Matt Smith must be at home with a nice bottle of red, feet up munching on his Pringles laughing his socks off for getting out at the right time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Corrected for you Frutos.

Very disappointed by that first episode, there seems to be a kind of smug self confidence that they can knock anything out because hey, It's Doctor Who and you will lap it up. Genuinely underwhelmed by it frankly, Matt Smith must be at home with a nice bottle of red, feet up munching on his Pringles laughing his socks off for getting out at the right time.

I loved it. :shrug:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bit floppy in places but much better than the rubbish served up last series. Still don't like Missy at all though and will be relieved I think when Clara leaves also.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only just got back from Wolves - just about to iPlayer it . . . .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly I had a long blink for most of it so have no idea what's going on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I liked it, I like the core idea behind the story, and the tease of the next episode continuing to explore that. Not sure I was completely blown away by it, but enjoyed it enough.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadly I had a long blink for most of it so have no idea what's going on.

Tonights episode was the equivalent of when you realise that a favourite Uncle is starting to lose their marbles.... yes ! Lets have the Doctor arriving on a tank playing an electric guitar !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tonights episode was the equivalent of when you realise that a favourite Uncle is starting to lose their marbles.... yes ! Lets have the Doctor arriving on a tank playing an electric guitar !
Yes, the episode could have done without that entire scene. And also Missy. Davros was done really well though (as usual), glad they brought him back again.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Haven't watched it since I was a nipper, but seen the adverts and the "sort" in it looks decent.

:needpics:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, the episode could have done without that entire scene. And also Missy. Davros was done really well though (as usual), glad they brought him back again.

Yes, agree with bringing back Davros, always a nasty villain, but, I think the series is in danger of losing it's heart....plus Capaldi is starting to look very old and tired.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It seems to me that the hard core Dr Who fans will lap this up.

Sadly though they are losing the masses now. Explain to me how you could sit down with a child and watch their first Dr Who episode tonight?

Just too complicated, too much based on past events, too dark.

Lots of the reasons why Dr Who died last time are now being repeated.

When Russell T brought back Dr Who he realised that it had to appeal to the masses or it wouldn't be sustained, it wouldn't carry on. That's what made it popular.

Moffett is like Corbyn, he has given up on the masses and is trying to please the core.

Bring back Russell T.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Dr who ended with the departure of David Tennant & Russell T Davies writing it, anything else since has been garbage, think sadly that DR WHO has got to the Sylvester McCoy stage again

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's the Christmas episode I find most difficult to follow but that's probably due to huge amounts of mulled wine making its way through my body. Never can follow it and always disappointing,

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Pertwee was the scary Al Pacino of hammy Dr Who, Baker the Thespian and it all went Pete Tong after Tegan left Davison.

tegan1.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Stopped watching it after the third Peter Capaldi episode - awful Doctor. Won't be watching again until he's gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here