Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle and Sunderland

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
More amused by Newcastle. I'd love Hughton to wave to Ashley on our way past them.
Beyond Bridcutt and Buckley, I feel for Sunderland fans.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sunderland look like relegation certainties, surely it'll soon be time for Allardyce?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I reckon some if it is down to them having the most impatient set of fans in the league. They are always getting on managers and players backs meaning neither club ever has any stability.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Sunderland look like relegation certainties, surely it'll soon be time for Allardyce?

He's joint favourite (with Rodgers) to be next Premiership manager to leave. Allardyce would be logical man to step in,not sure how the Newcastle fans will react, especially if he manages to keep the Mackems up and they tumble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can someone else please post the FACT that Sunderland have the 8th largest wage bill in the Premier League.
Between laughs I'm getting stuck recorditis.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Advocaat didn't want the job, then he did - that's never ideal. They've also bought some right rubbish (Kaboul, Toivonen??).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Funny isn't it? I wouldn't want them back now even if they were FREE.

I'd swap Buckley for March but Bridcutt can do one.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
They both need to start winning soon otherwise Bournemouth might do the impossible and stay up!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i'd like to say Allardyce would have more sence, but he cant resist the challenge can he?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Football is a funny old game and maybe if Big Sam wanted to go back into management,why not Bolton Wanderers ? Lennon can't have much shelf life left.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And pay high wages for a sicknote? Nah.

Not on very high wages. £15K before non-existent bonuses. If we could afford Vydra we could afford Buckley. I think Buckley would fit in with CH tactics (especially the long balls out from Stockdale) better than Poyet's. Early in Gigg's career he had hamstring problems but he went on to play lots of games without missing many through injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here