Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match report - Wolves

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Disappointing and lacklustre performance today, shows what Baldock does to the team and think we really missed him today.

okay, we did have a fair share of the ball but most of that was spent passing across the back four. Hemed didn't look at the races today, very poor spot-kick after a definite penalty. He also had another chance when put through but shot tamely just straight in to the keepers arms. I said at half-time that we seem to be lacking the urgency and commitment that saw us perform so well at Ipswich.

second half, after Wolves had a player sent off for a reckless lunge on Rosenior, I thought we'd stamp our authority on the game but we just had next to nothing in the final third. Never looked like scoring, as soon as we got the ball out wide in the final third we pass back inside to the central midfield rather than put a decent ball in the box. The game just fizzled out towards the end with us not really pressing too hard to get a winner.

disappointing performance but pleasing we didn't lose our unbeaten record, credit to Dunk who came in today and slotted straight back in to the back four without being troubled too much by Afobe.

Need a better team performance next week and Hughton please stick to 4-4-2 as changing today to a 4-5-1 didn't work. Albion motm for me either Bruno or Dunk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed we were poor and two points lost

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Christ we weren't THAT bad. Wolves defence and keeper had decent games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Before this thread goes too far, I would just like to remind those that might be inclined to criticise any negativity after such a start to the season that we football fans are mostly human beings, and have the complex ability to be both pleased with the start, and disappointed by today, we are able to look critically at today's game and highlight areas that could cause a concern as the season wears on, while also still understanding we are in a better position than most people expected us to be at this point.

Just because we question what our attacking options are beyond Hemed and Baldock doesn't mean we are bedwetters. Just because we think we should get something against 10 men for 45 minutes, doesn't mean we think the team are awful and we're grabbing our pitchforks to force Hughton out. Being disappointed with this result doesn't make us fickle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointing and lacklustre performance today, shows what Baldock does to the team and think we really missed him today.

okay, we did have a fair share of the ball but most of that was spent passing across the back four. Hemed didn't look at the races today, very poor spot-kick after a definite penalty. He also had another chance when put through but shot tamely just straight in to the keepers arms. I said at half-time that we seem to be lacking the urgency and commitment that saw us perform so well at Ipswich.

second half, after Wolves had a player sent off for a reckless lunge on Rosenior, I thought we'd stamp our authority on the game but we just had next to nothing in the final third. Never looked like scoring, as soon as we got the ball out wide in the final third we pass back inside to the central midfield rather than put a decent ball in the box. The game just fizzled out towards the end with us not really pressing too hard to get a winner.

disappointing performance but pleasing we didn't lose our unbeaten record, credit to Dunk who came in today and slotted straight back in to the back four without being troubled too much by Afobe.

Need a better team performance next week and Hughton please stick to 4-4-2 as changing today to a 4-5-1 didn't work. Albion motm for me either Bruno or Dunk

Perfect and accurate report. I assume Zamora is not considered match fit, as surely he was a better fit than Elvis.

Very poor in final third, couldn't understand why Murphy didn't shoot in first half. Good call re Baldock.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't help but think that zammo is just a better version of cog. He's not gonna score goals. Manu is a winger. Hemed will score goals but is frustrating to watch.

Think we are a 25 goal man short of being top 2 but will still challenge for play offs we look strong and organised and dominated large portions of the game today.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Agreed, was at the game and it was just one of those days. Bad traffic on the way up, late to ground, Baldock injured, Lansbury missed pen in last minute, Hemed missed pen, weird away fan seating with sun in the eyes the whole game killing the atmosphere, powder puff shooting - the list goes on. But the one real benefit of the game is everyone will appreciate what Baldock does for a 442 system. Hemed is a glory boy, and was poor today without his foil. Let's hope SB stays fit for the rest of the season...

Dec 29, 2011
Thought we were good today, especially in the first 25 minutes. Murphy was a very bright point for us, and him on the wing with Baldock supporting Hemed will be great to watch. We look like genuine promotion contenders this season, with strength in all areas of the pitch, especially defence.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What Baldock does so well, and what was missed today, is create space for our midfielders to run into by pulling defenders out wide. It was too congested in midfield and that plus our failure to find the killer through ball, our penalty miss, and the fact that Hemed wasn't at the races is, in a nutshell, why we drew instead of getting all 3 points.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How bad can it have been when, according to the stats, the home side had one shot on target?

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
I think today we ran out of luck.
We certainly didn't play badly, especially considering the abrupt change with Murphy coming in for Baldock, but we certainly didn't play amazingly. We managed to crate chances but not finish them; maybe that was to do with the absence of players, or just that we weren't good enough. In my eyes however we just didn't have luck. We weren't 'unlucky' as such but things that have happened in previous games - like Hemed's goal against Rotherham which so easily could've gone over the bar and a lack of injuries and disruptions - just weren't prominent today. You need luck to challenge for promotion undoubtedly but if you can win without luck then you are going to get promoted. Simple as that. And how do you 'earn' luck? Hard work. I don't think the chemistry and understanding of our team was there today and as mentioned before, it just shows how important Baldock is to the team. I don't think Hemed will score goals if he doesn't play alongside Sam. Anyway, one thing for sure; Hemed should have scored the pen, let alone tuck in the rebound. But hey - we're top and three points clear, so let's get a win next Saturday at Bolton!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The fact were disappointed with an away draw at Wolves is a good sign, we would have bit your hand off for that last season. We had a few injuries before the game as well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Before this thread goes too far, I would just like to remind those that might be inclined to criticise any negativity after such a start to the season that we football fans are mostly human beings, and have the complex ability to be both pleased with the start, and disappointed by today, we are able to look critically at today's game and highlight areas that could cause a concern as the season wears on, while also still understanding we are in a better position than most people expected us to be at this point.

Just because we question what our attacking options are beyond Hemed and Baldock doesn't mean we are bedwetters. Just because we think we should get something against 10 men for 45 minutes, doesn't mean we think the team are awful and we're grabbing our pitchforks to force Hughton out. Being disappointed with this result doesn't make us fickle.

Its a fair post you have made there....I would just add that a RELATIVELY poor performance is so much easier to bear the next day when you realise its still a point away and we have still made an excellent start to the season and that there will be more days like this and days when we actually will lose!

Dec 29, 2011
Its a fair post you have made there....I would just add that a RELATIVELY poor performance is so much easier to bear the next day when you realise its still a point away and we have still made an excellent start to the season and that there will be more days like this and days when we actually will lose!

One point away, three at home and we'll be fine. Wolves aren't a bad side either, despite their very young average age today. (On that note, their Right Back was a beast and apparently on 19. One to watch for the future.)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Exactly this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here