Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone OS9

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I thought this was supposed to improve battery life. My battery has never drained so fast. I have been through "Tricks and Tips" and done all of the switching off they suggest but it still drains down while I watch. Any suggestions?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
My battery was dropping like a stone yesterday but since the update last night it is much better - still on 100% at 11.20 am!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Did mine last night, not noticed too many problems so far with battery life.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did the tips suggest turning it off and on again? I know that's usually a joke answer, but I remember trouble with battery life on my ipod touch after an update, but turning it off and on again sorted it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I upgraded my 6plus a few nights ago, haven't noticed any issues so far and battery life is still pretty good despite being a pretty heavy user.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
What phone do you have?

Sorry to take so long replying, just home from Wolves. It's a modest iPhone 4S

The other curious thing is that prior to the upgrade I was out of memory, and when I checked the Mail memory was 1.1 GB. Now I have 2GB of memory free and Mail has gone down to 78MB.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Worked well on my IPad and phone, rest of family have all updated no problems, in fact the new system seems faster and smoother.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
It's probably just a one time battery drain as Spotlight indexes your iPhone's files...
Should be better after that's done.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
turn off bluetooth if you don't use it, update turns it on by default and it drains the battery.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As someone who has released shit badly tested software for a living never ever upgrade ios until at least 2 further releases to correct the bugs and balls ups have come out.

If it's not broke.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here