Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What's the scariest / most disturbing film, you've ever seen?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Eden Lake, for me. A trip to the countryside goes so, soo wrong.

kelly reilly  eden lake.jpg

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Why ask?
If you found it disturbing, isn't that enough? You need the comfort of finding out others find stuff dusturbing?
I just don't get it mate.
Do you have someone who visits you?

Interesting comment. I hope it made you feel better, because I'm pretty sure it didn't make anyone else.

Maybe he thought asking people was a good way to find out about more scary/disturbing films to watch? And he went on to rather helpfully suggest a movie he thought was good in this area. I'll definitely give Eden Lake a watch now, as I like a good horror movie. I find it difficult to pick the 'most disturbing/scary film' but 'The Last Exorcism', 'The Grudge', 'Sinister' and 'The Conjuring' are all well put together horrors with slightly unnerving themes.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Hard Candy.

It's easy to be scary with OTT killers, but when its a teenage girl and it could be a true story? Goosebumps.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang is the scariest crap i ever saw in a film
bloody nightmares for months if not years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have never jumped as much during a film as I did at the end of Carrie

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Don't Look Now is the only film that has ever kept me awake at night, but I don't really do horror films.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Entity.
It was quite disturbing to read and the film didn't make it any less so.
It was a few years ago, but it was the only book I have ever read in bed that made me leave the lights on for one night!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chicken Lover

Definitely not for any "blood and graphic decapitation" but the "Stepford Wives" and "The Others" are both very unsettling films or maybe I'm just a wimp? The latter probably the only film to feature a Hollywood superstar, Nicole Kidman, a future Dr Who, Christopher Eccleston, and a British comedy legend, Eric Sykes.

D

Deleted User X18H

I spit on your grave - bathroom scene

Haven't seen entire film caught this bit on the horror channel

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

This is a slightly scary film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here