Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Once (2006)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is a fantastic indie movie and I highly recommend it to everyone.

I caught it on TV recently and it had me from the opening scene, totally blew me away.

Contains lots of amazing music too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907657/

A vacuum repairman (Glen Hansard) moonlights as a street musician and hopes for his big break. One day a Czech immigrant (Marketa Irglova), who earns a living selling flowers, approaches him with the news that she is also an aspiring singer-songwriter. The pair decide to collaborate, and the songs that they compose reflect the story of their blossoming love.

MV5BMTEwNjExOTc2MTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDYzODQ3NDE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a fantastic indie movie and I highly recommend it to everyone.

I caught it on TV recently and it had me from the opening scene, totally blew me away.
I liked it too. They won an Oscar for the music, so the film's not a great secret.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It has also been turned into a stage show.

I love 'Say it to me now' - the opening song.

Amazing isn't it! I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot since watching the film, I absolutely love his voice. "Leave", "When your minds made up" and "Falling Slowly" are my favorites, and I also really like "If you want me", which is led by the girl, Marketa Irglova.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I liked it too. They won an Oscar for the music, so the film's not a great secret.

Yeah, this film might not be news to a lot of people, I hadn't heard of it though before randomly catching it on TV. A real gem for me. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here