Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale shows he's up for a fight with trip to see Brighton favourite Ellett [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BOXING fan David Stockdale has warmed up for table-topping Albion’s next Championship scrap by watching Seagulls supporter and fighter Lloyd Ellett.
The Brighton light-middleweight invited the Albion keeper to his gym in Bromley for a sparring session as he trains for his next bout at the Hilton Metropole on the seafront on October 2.

Stockdale, seeking a seventh win out of eight for Albion at Wolves tomorrow, said: “Some of the lads went to work and then came to the gym and got their faces broken a little bit. Then they asked me what we do. There wasn’t a lot I could say!
“I have to look after my hands. They do things a bit differently with theirs. It was a brilliant experience.
"Hopefully Lloyd can be the first to fight at the Amex. That would be a nice one for him.”
Ellett, above, unbeaten like Albion, is looking for a British title shot next year.
Boss Chris Hughton, meanwhile, is likely to recall Kazenga LuaLua after a ban and Liam Rosenior for the trip to Molineux, although Jamie Murphy gave him a selection poser with his performance in Tuesday’s 2-1 home win against Rotherham.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here