Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM visits training ground

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Does that mean he'll start supporting us instead of West Villa.... or is it Aston Ham?

If he does, I might have to be off to Palace........ That is intended as a joke, just in case somebody is going to get ridiculously upset about it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like The Argus weren't invited.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can entirely understand that the Argus would be missed out but a true blue like HB&B not being invited to lick his hero's arse (hopefully metaphorically but you never know)............. It beggars belief

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This reminds me, as the Hull game approached I investigated how to get some national recognition of our feelings towards our club at such an emotional time.
I just couldn't work out if this was a good idea or one of my very worst, I came to the conclusion it was better to keep well out of it.
Even though reading this it was obvious the club had done so much, that we were made aware of, the nomination virtually wrote itself and ought to be an odds-on cert for acceptance.

https://www.gov.uk/honours/overview

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ata/file/245406/How_to_write_a_nomination.pdf

While I'm here:-

Does anyone know if the airport road is now open so I can cross the A27 to head up Coombes?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This reminds me, as the Hull game approached I investigated how to get some national recognition of our feelings towards our club at such an emotional time.
I just couldn't work out if this was a good idea or one of my very worst, I came to the conclusion it was better to keep well out of it.
Even though reading this it was obvious the club had done so much, that we were made aware of, the nomination virtually wrote itself and ought to be an odds-on cert for acceptance.

https://www.gov.uk/honours/overview

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ata/file/245406/How_to_write_a_nomination.pdf

While I'm here:-

Does anyone know if the airport road is now open so I can cross the A27 to head up Coombes?

If you're coming from Worthing then yes, if you're coming from Brighton then you'll have to go on to the next roundabout and come back.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The Shoreham Herald was the only outlet contacted about, and invited to, the visit because of the quality of their crash coverage. Balanced, measured and not using the sensationalist approach.

The Argus just turned up to a victim's funeral the other day and unsurprisingly got told to go away.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The Shoreham Herald was the only outlet contacted about, and invited to, the visit because of the quality of their crash coverage. Balanced, measured and not using the sensationalist approach.

The Argus just turned up to a victim's funeral the other day and unsurprisingly got told to go away.

Is that right? Wow. Journalism in this day and age really is the disgusting.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Really ? Their first front page on the crash upset an awful lot of local people, many vowing never to but the paper again - not that I've ever bought it anyway.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Really ? Their first front page on the crash upset an awful lot of local people, many vowing never to but the paper again - not that I've ever bought it anyway.

I must admit I'd hadn't heard that, just seen comments on the overall tone of their coverage of the whole saga

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here