Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really want to 'get into' but I can't hide from my true feelings which is, I just don't really care like I do football. I blame my school, we were obsessed with football and rugby hardly figured....but what a sport to get obsessed about eh?!! :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yep watching the Ipswich game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

Well, it's better than nothing, I suppose, but what I really want is a 'Couldn't care less about the rugby world cup and frankly want nothing whatsoever to do with it' Thread...........

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The whole thing leaves me utterly indifferent, to be honest. I certainly shan't be watching any of it and I don't think I'd go to a game even if the ticket was free.

Happy for people for whom this is their thing though. It's just not for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The whole thing leaves me utterly indifferent, to be honest. I certainly shan't be watching any of it and I don't think I'd go to a game even if the ticket was free.

Happy for people for whom this is their thing though. It's just not for me.

Well, if you do happen upon a free ticket let me know....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Only ever liked one sport as a kid; football.

As I matured I thought I should be a bit more open minded and give sports like Rugby a try. When England won the world cup in Australia I went to watch the final in the pub. It didn't move me at all. Still, I tried to be open minded, but after listening to rugby fans bang on and on about how great it is and how shit football is, I gave up.

Stupid egg chasing twats, leave our turf as you found it please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most people who don't like rugby haven't got a scooby about the rules in my experience. Hard to enjoy something you don't understand :wink:

Top class international rugby pisses all over International football .....imo

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Only ever liked one sport as a kid; football.

As I matured I thought I should be a bit more open minded and give sports like Rugby a try. When England won the world cup in Australia I went to watch the final in the pub. It didn't move me at all. Still, I tried to be open minded, but after listening to rugby fans bang on and on about how great it is and how shit football is, I gave up.

Stupid egg chasing twats, leave our turf as you found it please.

Sad *******

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Most people who don't like rugby haven't got a scooby about the rules in my experience. Hard to enjoy something you don't understand :wink:

Top class international rugby pisses all over International football .....imo

The lack of diving and cheating is rather refreshing, as is the fact that many of the player can string together a few words when interviewed.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sad *******

That's not very nice is it? At least I tried to give a bit of context.

Then again, I think I'd be perfectly within my rights to come on a thread about NOT caring about the Rugby WC and saying, yes I think it's shit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Literally couldn't give a toss over here, who on earth gives 2 shits about the 'ruggers'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here