Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves away and ticketeting issues

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its my first away game for a while, and the first when I tried to buy two tickets, both for registered people who live at my address. I have had some problems and wonder whether its just me, or whether there is a glitch somewhere (either general, or specific, or new).

For reasons unknown, when logged on as me I could buy only one ticket. I went quickly back in and managed to buy a second for my named companion. The seats I got are close to one another, but one is 4 rows behind the other. This was evidenly the best attempt to give me two tix together. Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong?

I can live with that since I assume there will be little regard for the ticket details when it comes to selecting a seat (I phoned Wolves and got the impression they are not like Barnet used to be, with stewards insisting that everyone use the allocated seat). Am I right, or is that wishful thinking?

However, BHA have posted me only one of my tickets. I phoned them up and they don't know what happened. They can't even tell me if they posted the second ticket or not. Is this common?

They told me they have told Wolves that I am on a list of folk to be issued a ticket from the Wolves ticket offioce (I live nearer to Holland than to Brighton, so I can't just pop in).

So I phoned Wolves again and they said they have no list yet, and that it is likely to come up on the Brighton 'coach' and be delivered an hour before the game. I have to find a steward who will walk me past the queue in the ticket office. Is this normal?

I am a nervous traveller and am most at home in familiar places, a glass of wine in my hands and a reasonable expectation of what I'm in for. Is it common to find it so difficult to get one's hands on a pair of away match tickets?

BHA told me the best bet is to not use the online booking system and to phone up for a ticket next time. FFS. For future reference (I am anticipating a few more away trips this season, with sundry chums needing a ticket and seat next to me) is that what everybody else in a similar stuation does?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I've had to pick up tickets before from away grounds and the tickets have always been waiting there in an envelope with my name on. Not sure what you did wrong, did you allocate the second ticket to another fan number when you first tried to book on line?

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
There are quite often away fans picking up tickets from the ticket office at Molineux, so I am sure Brighton will take yours up for you to pick up.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
3 of our 4 tickets have arrived even though they were booked at the same time. Have to pick up a duplicate ticket from Wolves tomorrow. Royal pain in the arse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure if this is relevant or if you did it but I got four tickets for Fulham and I had to add the other two people to my Friends and Family. Once I'd done that all four tix arrived in the same envelope a week before the game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The club do indeed send the tickets up on the coach, you should be fine. sadly this happens quite a lot.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
My experiences of being on the "dupes list" is that it has always worked. The tickets do not come from the Albion, just the list, as Wolves have to reprint the tickets.
Start asking the stewards at the Away turnstiles and work your way round to where they say to pick up. Probably fairly close as they would sometimes sell to away fans.
Sitting together could be a problem though. Last year they were insistent on being in the correct blocks, if not seats, to the point of being overzealous, and it was not a sell-out then.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

However, BHA have posted me only one of my tickets. I phoned them up and they don't know what happened. They can't even tell me if they posted the second ticket or not. Is this common?

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my tickets for Southend Away!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many thanks for all the replies.

For info, yes this was a friends and family booking. But I was not given he option of buying an 'F and F' (apologies to Atilla:ffsparr:) ticket at the time I bought my own (as far as I recall - or I would have done so). But I have a horrible feeling it was all my fault . . . . . . .

Anyway, it should all be OK. Cheers. :thumbsup:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'll add that I ordered two at the same time, one arrived as J4 and the other as J7, doesn't matter though as we'll be standing next to each other tomorrow.

Jan 30, 2008
all this rubbish to go to a game of football, you couldn't make it up could you, the games NEVER going to sell out, why not POTG? , someone wanting to keep tabs on who's attending games ?
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You'll be able to stand/sit where you like. Believe we have blocks J4-7

Thanks.

Not sure if I should fess up, but here goes. . . . . nothing o do with my kerfuffle but my companion isn't the same person as the name on he ticket so I'm hoping that, as I booked the tickets, it will be me whose identity is checked, if any. :ffsparr:

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
This is curious. I went to the ticlket office weeks ago, ordered and paid for three tickets to be collected because I don't trust the post having had problems in the past. I went to collect them today, checked the envelope at the desk but there was only one ticket inside. They searched but couldn't find the other two tickets anywhere. Presumably put in the wrong envelope. We are now on the dupes list but if anyone finds two tickets for row A in their envelope, they are mine.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Has anyone got a ticket going spare

Or

Does anyone know if we'll be able to buy an away ticket at the ticket office up there tomorrow? (I know it says sold out but I'd imagine they won't turn down my dollar, hopefully without making me dance with Wolves)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone got a ticket going spare

Or

Does anyone know if we'll be able to buy an away ticket at the ticket office up there tomorrow? (I know it says sold out but I'd imagine they won't turn down my dollar, hopefully without making me dance with Wolves)

PPF says you can buy on the door, but it looks like dancing with Wolves . . .

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Thanks.

Not sure if I should fess up, but here goes. . . . . nothing o do with my kerfuffle but my companion isn't the same person as the name on he ticket so I'm hoping that, as I booked the tickets, it will be me whose identity is checked, if any. :ffsparr:

They just ask for the surname of the person who BOOKED it, with sometimes the postcode. If you still feel uncertain, take a note of the seat number of the missing ticket from your account.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They just ask for the surname of the person who BOOKED it, with sometimes the postcode. If you still feel uncertain, take a note of the seat number of the missing ticket from your account.

Thank you. Now I can focus on being anxious only about the game :facepalm::lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
all this rubbish to go to a game of football, you couldn't make it up could you, the games NEVER going to sell out, why not POTG? , someone wanting to keep tabs on who's attending games ?
regards
DR

And financial suicide. Charlton did the same a few years back. Give us the away end. It sold out. 4000 BHA there and the total crowd was 18,000. The Valley holds around 29000. Why not have accepted the £30 from the extra 1000 or so so like e who would have gone without daft ticketing rules.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
And financial suicide. Charlton did the same a few years back. Give us the away end. It sold out. 4000 BHA there and the total crowd was 18,000. The Valley holds around 29000. Why not have accepted the £30 from the extra 1000 or so so like e who would have gone without daft ticketing rules.

I'm certain this has been binfested over before, but even if five people decide not to go because there's no POTG, that's £140 lost for them.

Seeing as they're printing off tickets for a list of people, I'm sure it's within their power to sell and print. If it's about turnstile staff they should warn visitors to buy at the ticket office.

God I'm dull

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here