Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Urchin Hove.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not a very good article, there's no quote from the EHO. Roughly 1 in 10 oysters has the potential to make you ill anyway.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not a very good article, there's no quote from the EHO. Roughly 1 in 10 oysters has the potential to make you ill anyway.

Correct. When running an business like this you can only EVER minimise the risk of contamination - The vast majority of establishments have all the due diligence in place to protect them from such events (food safety policies etc.). I'm sure this place will have too - If they haven't, then more the fool them.

People should wait for the outcome of the investigation before jumping to conclusions, as it could just as easily be bad luck, or even the suppliers fault which is something that has happened in he past :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As someone who's vommed spectacularly every time I've ever eaten them, are oysters really worth the risk? They're tasty enough but then again so is just about every other form of seafood - everyone enjoys sticking a winkle in their mouth.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
As someone who's vommed spectacularly every time I've ever eaten them, are oysters really worth the risk? They're tasty enough but then again so is just about every other form of seafood - everyone enjoys sticking a winkle in their mouth.

You would never see ERNEST putting a winkle anywhere near his mouth

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The main reason for me not eating in there is the presence of 'heirloom' tomatoes on the menu. As if 'heritage' isn't wanky enough

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
On the subject of Leviticus, certain versions of the bible continue in 11:13 that eagles are variously abhorrent, detestable, disgusting or indeed an abomination.

So it's not all a load of barmy old bollocks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Large group of people, drinking lots of beer, wine and spirits on a big night out order 18 oysters - some of them are sick. No shit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've always been lucky with the oysters I've consumed, I've never HADDOCK case of the sh1ts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Oysters are stunning raw, with any number of condiments (I prefer a squeeze of my lemon). I have never had any problems with them. Stick with it and you will be rewarded, unless you have an allergy (check!). :rock:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here