Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex roof

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
amexblue.jpgamexgrey.jpg

I drove past the Amex the other day from the Woodingdean direction and couldn't help noticing that the roof is no longer the original vibrant blue but a rather dull grey. No current pix, I'm afraid (which I realise makes this post worthless) but the two stock photos I found suggest that the panels had already begun to fade pretty alarmingly when the second one was taken, in contrast to the seats. Should TB ask for replacements, or at least a refund?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
View attachment 68604View attachment 68605

I drove past the Amex the other day from the Woodingdean direction and couldn't help noticing that the roof is no longer the original vibrant blue but a rather dull grey. No current pix, I'm afraid (which I realise makes this post worthless) but the two stock photos I found suggest that the panels had already begun to fade pretty alarmingly when the second one was taken, in contrast to the seats. Should TB ask for replacements, or at least a refund?

I'm sure your visual check is correct, but the vibrant blue photo is from a summy day, whereas the duller one is on a cloudy day - I'm sure a lot of the 'colour' is a reflection of the sky colour.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
The lighting conditions in both those photos are completely different, as are most of the colours in them - not just the roof.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Regardless of the weather and light conditions, the roof colour has indeed faded considerably.
I know this to be a FACT, as I trust my SOURCE impeccably.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I sit towards the back of the WSU the roof is covered in Bird crap and other filth, So I would imagine filth rain water and what not has made the roof lose its colour slighty just like any car would unless it was regually cleaned.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
From the top of the downs when walking it certainly still looks blue on a sunny day and far greyer when cloudy

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The fading is obviously due to the unprecedented hours of bright sunshine we have enjoyed over this marvellous Great British summer :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anyway colour aside are they going to keep the roof open or will it be closed ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God I hope we lose soon.

It's so difficult to find something to moan about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here