Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 restaurants/gastropubs in Brighton?

Some recommendations needed for world cup tourists who keep asking me. I wish I knew the answer but with kids I haven't been out in the evening since 1999 - all replies appreciated xxx

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You might want to narrow down what you're looking for slightly! Hard to recommend just one restaurant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some recommendations needed for world cup tourists who keep asking me. I wish I knew the answer but with kids I haven't been out in the evening since 1999 - all replies appreciated xxx

For tourists, The Salt Rooms must be worth a shout for location/views, on more of a budget I always think The Regency is a nice seaside restaurant for visitors. Riddle and Fins also a good bet, The Coal Shed, Gingerman are the usual suspects, Hotel Du Van is also nice.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If they fancy a trip out Arundel way I'd recommend the George and Dragon in Burpham. Seems to have made a comeback having been pretty ordinary for a few years. Great setting too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Haven't eaten at all of these, although this is as good a list of any of the best restaurants in Brighton. I'd add the Chilli Pickle to it though.

We went to the Chilli Pickle last time. [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] has NOT stopped talking about going anywhere else but there.

Many thanks all - said tourists pass on their appreciation xxx

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whats the prices like?

Totally depends on appetite and how much booze you want to have.

It's done in a taster menu style, each portion is kinda tapas size, you'll probably want to get about 5/6 dishes between 2 people I'd say. Been with my wife twice and both times we spent about £60-70 but didn't have that much to drink.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Set sounds good sir,.... good experience?

Brilliant. Absolutely loved it. Have a look at my post on the Restaurant 2015 thread that reviewed it.

Thread title says top 3. Currently they would be The Set for high end The Ginger Pig for gastro pub and Casa Don Carlos for something cheaper and more Brighton.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Salt Room is this years Wow venue, great fun, but order an extra side to fill up and not feel peckish and grumpy & do remember to DEMAND table 26...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Totally depends on appetite and how much booze you want to have.

It's done in a taster menu style, each portion is kinda tapas size, you'll probably want to get about 5/6 dishes between 2 people I'd say. Been with my wife twice and both times we spent about £60-70 but didn't have that much to drink.

Sounds fair. Thats the sort of going rate for @isaac and the set for example.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here