Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Community Stadium News

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Intrigued to see how our identity-theft home was being marketed by the rugger buggers, I nipped over to the RFU site .Imagine my surprise on discovering that this "BCS" was STILL not quite finished!

BRIGHTON COMMUNITY STADIUM

Capacity - 30,750
This stunning addition to the Sussex landscape is situated in Falmer – a short hop on the train from Brighton and Hove, which has been in need of a large venue of this quality for many years. Constructed at a cost of £93m, the ground has won plaudits for its semi-circular stand roofs and tubular supporting steelwork from both fans of sport and architecture. And there are plans to make it even better, too: capacity will be steadily increased to over 27,000 by the middle of this year, and could be increased to above 30,000 by the time the Rugby World Cup rolls around.

Yoda

English & European
Intrigued to see how our identity-theft home was being marketed by the rugger buggers, I nipped over to the RFU site .Imagine my surprise on discovering that this "BCS" was STILL not quite finished!

Capacity - 30,750
This stunning addition to the Sussex landscape is situated in Falmer – a short hop on the train from Brighton and Hove, which has been in need of a large venue of this quality for many years. Constructed at a cost of £93m, the ground has won plaudits for its semi-circular stand roofs and tubular supporting steelwork from both fans of sport and architecture. And there are plans to make it even better, too: capacity will be steadily increased to over 27,000 by the middle of this year, and could be increased to above 30,000 by the time the Rugby World Cup rolls around.

Considering that would've been written in 2012, that would've been pretty accurate.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
slightly o/t but looking back before we were 30k the stadium does look league1

edit - well , not league 1 but odd ish

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

Capacity - 30,750

So why have they given the official capacity and then said "it's not there yet?"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...apart from the fact it doesn't say whose home it is.

Does it really need to? After all this is from the RFU site, and they are really only concerned with the Rugby World Cup games being played there. In any case I'm sure that the vast majority of people will know that it is the home of the Albion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here