Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-170915-l229-2695806_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 18th September 2015
by James Hilsum
I thought they had a good developing season last year and they’ll be looking to do that again."
Chris Hughton
At his pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton delivered the latest team news, spoke about the attacking threat from Wolves, the need to guard against complacency and the balance between resting players and maintaining consistency.
lualua-l229-2695756.jpg

Team News: “At the moment, we’ve been quite fortunate with the injuries. Kazenga LuaLua has got that suspension out the way now, so he’s back in contention. At this moment we have a fully-fit squad to pick from, which is great news.”**

Attacking threat from Wolves: "Benik Afobe and Adam Le Fondre are two very good strikers. In one they have a young, exciting and powerful striker that did very well last season with the number of goals he scored, and with Le Fondre, there’s always goals.
“I remember watching some of the games which Le Fondre played before we faced Bolton last season and I looked at the type of goals that he scored.
“Generally they have played with two players up front, which they did for most of last season and they were prolific.
“What they have is a nice mix of having some experience and also some young players that have come through.
“They have a manager that knows the division very well; a club similar to others that have played in the Premier League and then had to adjust to get the right balance.
“I thought they had a good developing season last year and they’ll be looking to do that again.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Guarding against complacency: “We have enough experience in the team and there is no doubt that at this moment there is a lot of confidence in the squad, as it should be.
“To have had start we’ve had, which most people perhaps wouldn’t have expected, then by rights the players should feel good about themselves.
“But we have a lot of experience in the squad, especially with players like Liam Rosenior and Gaetan Bong, who have been in the game for a while. Most of them would know this division well enough by now and I don’t think anyone will get carried away.
“There’s too long to go and too many games to go for them to put themselves in that position.”Balance between resting players and keeping consistency:* “It’s very difficult because what we have at the moment is a competitive squad and lots of things go through your mind before every game.
“You question whether you keep the same team, look at individuals and determine whether or not you try to change things to freshen things up a little bit.
“That is one of the difficult aspects of the job, to try and get that balance right. The team has been fairly consistent so far, so it is always a tough balance.
“What we do have after Saturday’s game is a reasonably consistent period up until the Bristol City game, of having games on a weekly basis on a Saturday ahead of an international break.
“Things certainly have calmed down in terms of the turnover of games. It’s always a difficult balance to try and get it right. It’s always about results and if you’ve got good results, then generally you’ve got more things right than wrong."
[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h] SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V *BRISTOL CITY
[/h] TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V PRESTON NORTH END
[/h] SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here